Will products made for VUE work in DS?

And if so, what does it take to make them work?

Rendo is having a sale on transportation products, some of which come in DS, Poser, and VUE versions, some only for VUE. Hence the question, since I don't know anything about VUE and a quick google didn't shed much light on the subject.

Comments

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305
    edited March 2018

Vue specific objects have there own file format (.vue) and cannot be loaded into poser or ds natively....  So it depends on the file format that is offered.......

You would need vue to export that object in an other format ....

Post edited by glaseye on
  • Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

Thanks, glaseye, that answers the question. Darn, and I was all set to spring for that Greyhound bus and station.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

There are Poser version of that same Bus and Station available on Rendo also, but the price is higher right now.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,315
    Greymom said:

There are Poser version of that same Bus and Station available on Rendo also, but the price is higher right now.

Actually, the Poser versions are on sale at Rendo right now but the sale ends today.

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

I must have bleeped past the Poser version while I was wading through all the 'Extended License' stuff. Oh well, I'll catch it next time it's on sale.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

I haven't used Vue for a long time but I remember that it used to restrict export options on some content. As I remember it, some items were not restricted and could be exported in standard formats but others were locked to a particular Vue serial number and couldn't be exported.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

...I have the Poser version of the bus and it looks great in Daz.

Also saw a bundle based on the old Milwaukee Road Twin Cities Hiawatha (with the streamlined Class A 4-4-2 Atlantic) that unfortunately doesn't have a Poser counterpart. I contacted the vendor (who also has a Santa Fe Super Chief bundle for both Poser and Vue) and he replied that I am not the only person who wished there was a Poser version and mentioned that there will be one forthcoming. Joy!

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104
    kyoto kid said:

...I have the Poser version of the bus and it looks great in Daz.

Also saw a bundle based on the old Milwaukee Road Twin Cities Hiawatha (with the streamlined Class A 4-4-2 Atlantic) that unfortunately doesn't have a Poser counterpart. I contacted the vendor (who also has a Santa Fe Super Chief bundle for both Poser and Vue) and he replied that I am not the only person who wished there was a Poser version and mentioned that there will be one forthcoming. Joy!

Ha!  I saw the VUE bundle for the Hiawatha on sale, and said "well I guess there will never be a Poser/DS version" and grabbed it.  That's ok, I probably will use it in VUE anyway.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561

..yeah there's some really nice content for Vue.

Don't have the programme as I would at least need to Studio version which I cannot afford. Though If I could I would wish to swap the animation module for something else more useful as I only do stills.   Also really cannot afford to buy into a whole new content line, Daz and Carara are rough enough on the finances.