Problems with Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female

I don't know if this is a new thing or not, couldn't find any help in a search, not even a google search.

I can not get any V4 textures on Genesis 2 no matter what I do.  Either nothing happens or G2 turns grey and then nothing will work on her.  I recently upgraded to 4.10, was using 4.8 previously, and have no idea what is going on.  It worked in 4.8.

Does anyone know if this item is working in 4.10 or not or could it be something else.  Oh and I also redownloaded it on the off chance I had a corrupted file.

Comments

• negsevennegseven Posts: 0

I can't get V4 anything to do anything at any time

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029
    I can not get any V4 textures on Genesis 2 no matter what I do.  Either nothing happens or G2 turns grey and then nothing will work on her. 

It should still work in 4.10.

You need to resave the material presets as .duf as it won't work with older presets (that was already true in 4.8, but just in case...)

• mtl1mtl1 Posts: 1,501

To use V4 materials, whether they be pose materials or whatnot, on G2F, you have to apply them to a figure and resave them as a .duf.

IIRC, I think it's possible to apply V4 mats onto Genesis 1 first in order to resave them as .duf files?

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited March 2018

Tried with GIS Biosuit and Genesis 2 Female figure, I have no issue, the Victoria 4 UV is set.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,294

The textures I am trying to use are dsa or ds, I had assumed they were acceptable formats since they were Daz formats and not shareable with poser.  So only duf will work, oh joy, have a long night ahead of me to resave all those textures...lol

Thanks for the help.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

The textures I am trying to use are dsa or ds, I had assumed they were acceptable formats since they were Daz formats and not shareable with poser.  

The problem is that they changed the surface names in G2. Duf presets have the ability to match the legacy surface names with the current ones, but older presets can't do that.