Here's a thought...

With certain jobs I hear peeps wanting Vector quality graphics..

Any chance Daz could render that way??

Comments

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

From what I understand, vector graphics are those that are described by formulae, thus a line will start at point X and be Y untis long, in direction Z. whereas render engines tend to produce 'bit-mapped' graphics.  The answer to your question is, I very mcuh suspect, is no.

• There are various tools that will trace a bitmap image to generate vector curves, if you really want that - but it's my impression that, for a lot of purposes, vector illustration that looks like vector illustration is unfashionable.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945

There are various tools that will trace a bitmap image to generate vector curves, if you really want that - but it's my impression that, for a lot of purposes, vector illustration that looks like vector illustration is unfashionable.

It's heavily used in CAD, but not si much in illustartion, as you say, thought I do recall a vogue for it many, many yaers back (aroudn teh time of the Amiga?)

• AlfawulfAlfawulf Posts: 174

There are various tools that will trace a bitmap image to generate vector curves, if you really want that - but it's my impression that, for a lot of purposes, vector illustration that looks like vector illustration is unfashionable.

would love some examples as several printing/sign companies are wanting Vector. Uneccesarily so IMHO

• It's been so long sicne I've done it that I can't recall - I think I used to do it in Adobe Illustrator, or maybe it was back when I using a cheap version of Corel DRAW! I seem to recall there was an online vectoriser we were all playing with on the forum too, but again a fair way back.