Navigating throw a large scene

PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello dear all,

here is another newbie question from me. I just bought the Shantara City scene and am overwhelmed by its size. How do you navitage throw such a large scene? How do you move around? With zoom and the move button it takes me iternity to get from one point to the other, or from a vantage point with the whole city to a detail on a building. How do you do it?

Hints and helps very much appreciated. Thank you very much.

Greetings
P.

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

You know there are premade cameras included?
    Cameras: (.DUF and .CM2)
    1_Top-(Set-City)
    2_Front
    3_Front
    4_HiCam
    5_Dolly Cam1 to 5
    6_Inner Cam1 to 3
    7_Side Cam1 to 3

Copying from the Readme, because I don't know whether you use Poser or Dazstudio:

You can find new icons for loading this product in the following Poser Libraries:
    Camera: “Magix-101:Shantara-Cams”
    Light: “Magix-101:Shantara-Lights”
    Props: “Magix-101”
    “1_Shantara-City”
    “2_Shantara-Props”

You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:
    “Magix-101:Architecture:Shantara-City”
    “1_Shantara-City”
    “2_Shantara-Props”
    “3-Shantara-Cams”
    “4-Shantara-Lights”

You can find new icons for this product in the following DAZ Studio Categories:
    “Cameras”
    “Environments:Architecture:Exterior”
    “Lights:Exterior”
    “Props:Architecture”
    “Props:Furnishings”
    “Props:Industrial”
    “Props:Landscape”
    “Props:Lights”

• PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited June 2013

Hello Kerya,

thank you very much for the speedy answer. I see, I can use the premade cameras. Good tip :-) But my question is also more general: Is there a trick to move or zoom say with 10 fold of speed? Just in case a big scene does not have premade cameras or if I need to position the camera at a place where there is no premade one?

Again, thank you very much for the answer. Every tip is welcome for a new starter :-)

Greetings
    P.

Post edited by Philopp on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

In that case ... I am not using the Move or Zoom buttons, but the Parameters tab.
    Select the Camera in the Scene tab (if you are in Daz) or the Preview window selection thingie (Poser) and use the Parameters tab to put in numbers in the fields.
    I hope this doesn't sound too muddled.

• PhiloppPhilopp Posts: 290
    edited December 1969

Ah, I see. Thank you very much for the answers. It's not muddled at all and very helpful.

Greetings
    P