[BUG] Hexagon 2.5.2 109 Carrara Export

CelluloCellulo Posts: 56
edited March 2018 in Hexagon Discussion

I have created two test files with simple cube exported in carrara format with the new Hexagon 2.5.2 and the old Hexagon 2.5.1, no problem to import the cube from Hexagon 251 in Carrara 8.5, but with the cube from Hexagon 252 there is a dialog box error in Carrara 8.5 when importing.

If we open the *.car files with Winmerge, we can see in the cube from hexagon 252 that have some letters are interspaced with wrong characters ( 00 ) in "shdr" section and "inpr" section when comparing with the cube from hexagon 251. See the screenshot.

zip
zip
cube_hexagon252_car_export_bug.zip
Hexagon_car_export_bug.jpg
1121 x 826 - 274K
Post edited by Cellulo on

Comments

• de3ande3an Posts: 915

You are correct. Exporting Carrara type files from Hexagon is now broken. The end of file has been corrupted or mal-formatted in some manner that makes it impossible to open in Carrara.

I would suggest that anyone who wants this fixed should report it as a new Hexagon bug.

Go to: https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us to file a bug report.

I have filed a report, but it may take numerous reports to get Daz developer's attention. (Especially for anything related to Carrara.)

• CelluloCellulo Posts: 56

The only working fix, it's to make something in Hexagon 2.5.2, save it in *.hxn file, and open the file in Hexagon 2.5.1, export the object in *.car file and finally import the *.car file in Carrara.

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on