Re-Installing V4 and Need a Refresher

Do I need both the V4.2 Base PowerLoader and the Morphs++ PowerLoader or just the Morphs++?

Comments

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

I just install everything with DIM. The Powerloader is just a few kilobytes in size (around 100KB).

• Nyghtfall3DNyghtfall3D Posts: 760

I don't use the DIM, and I don't like wasting storage when I don't have to, no matter how small the file.

• If you don't use PowerLoader at all you won't be able to change which morph sets are included at load time but will have to use the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 script. if you don't inlude the add-on PowerLoader parts you won't be able to select individual morphs, but you will be able to select packs (as long as you recognise the ps_pe code).

If you don't use PowerLoader at all you won't be able to change which morph sets are included at load time...

So I do need both PowerLoaders.  Understood.

Thanks.

Well that was a short-lived experience... Man we've come a long way!

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

No you do not need the powerloaders. I never found them very useful when I did try them and just un-installed them.

• Yeah, amazing what we once put up with, isn't it Nyghtfall?  I have V4 and M4 installed, but the amount of load time for the figures compared to genesis, then the clothing fitting problems, then the cross morph problems... and I tend to give up.  wink

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Well I never use V4, but some morphs for M4 are very nice, and many of the Gen 4 mats and clothes are very nice IMO. If you save M4/V4 as a subset it loads very fast;) The clothing fitting can indeed be very painful LOL, they tend to fit better to Genesis than to the original figure.

• DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 177

I was going to try to load V4 to transfer some morphs to more recent gen figures, but I've been searching for it with no luck. I am certain I have the Pro pack installed however, I checked first that I a) own it and b) that DIM installed it. But can't locate it anywhere in the content library.

In a couple of months I plan on building a new rig and just reinstalling everything from scratch but until then I'd like to be able to do the things I plan on doing without pulling out what little hair I have left.

Overall I can't complain about Studio's interface, but their content management is the least intuitive thing I can imagine. Smart Content isn't and even the Content Manager/Library is as painless as a root canal. And it all boils down to metadata as far as I can see.

Maybe if this was the only thing I did I'd be okay, but this is just one thing of many I do. Regardless, should any kind soul give me a hint about where I might locate V4 to load 'er up I'd be grateful.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited March 2018

I was going to try to load V4 to transfer some morphs to more recent gen figures, but I've been searching for it with no luck. I am certain I have the Pro pack installed however, I checked first that I a) own it and b) that DIM installed it. But can't locate it anywhere in the content library.

In a couple of months I plan on building a new rig and just reinstalling everything from scratch but until then I'd like to be able to do the things I plan on doing without pulling out what little hair I have left.

Overall I can't complain about Studio's interface, but their content management is the least intuitive thing I can imagine. Smart Content isn't and even the Content Manager/Library is as painless as a root canal. And it all boils down to metadata as far as I can see.

Maybe if this was the only thing I did I'd be okay, but this is just one thing of many I do. Regardless, should any kind soul give me a hint about where I might locate V4 to load 'er up I'd be grateful.

Content library/Poser Formats/ My DAZ 3D Library/Figures/DAZ People;) Mats are in Content library/Poser Formats/ My DAZ 3D Library/Pose

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • DareshiranuDareshiranu Posts: 177

Content library/Poser Formats/ My DAZ 3D Library/Figures/DAZ People;) Mats are in Content library/Poser Formats/ My DAZ 3D Library/Pose

Fantastic, thanks.