Transfer Utility not showing.

SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm trying to use the transfer utility in DS 4, but it's not showing up in Scene> assets as I've been informed it should. So I looked under Help>About installed plug-ins and the little plug next to Transfer utility is grey. When clicked on I am told "this plug in needs to be registered to be used", and lower down it says "Reason: any evaluation period for this plug in is no longer valid".
So my questions: "is it possible to get transfer utility working and if so, how?"
Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

it sounds as if you haven't entered your serial number - assuming you "bought" the free DS 4.6 from the store the DAZ Studio 4 Pro serial should be on the My Serial Numbers page of your account. https://www.daz3d.com/downloadable/customer/serialnumbers/

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,505
    edited December 1969

AFAIK it was sold separately in the beginning and was a part of DS 4 Pro. You might have a serial number in your assets for a pro version (or order the free 4.5 Pro to get a pro serial as the serials are the same between 4 and 4.5.

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

I have looked in My Account, and I only have serial numbers for DS 4.0 (which is the version I use) and Autofit.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

SteveM17 said:
    I have looked in My Account, and I only have serial numbers for DS 4.0 (which is the version I use) and Autofit.

Did you buy the free Pro version? If not, do it now and you'll have a serial number which unlocks the Pro features (except for Decimator).

edited December 1969

Assuming it's DS 4.0 Pro, that's the one you want - the 4.0 license continues to cover 4.6.

edited December 1969

I have Daz Studio version 4.0.3.19 standard edition (32-bit). Is there any way of getting Transfer Utility working with version?

edited December 1969

Buy DAZ Studio 4 Pro from the store, it's free.

edited December 1969

Buy DAZ Studio 4 Pro from the store, it's free.

I didn't know that. But what will change from the version I have? Often when I update software some things alter for the better but there's always a downside (some features suddenly don't work anymore, for example).

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Keep a back up of your Ds4.0 Then if you find DS4.6 not a much better version you can just go back by removing all of it.

edited December 1969

You may find that the serial number works on your older version - the free serials are a slightly different format from the original commercial ones, and as a result Ds had to be updated to support them. I think 4.0.3.19 may be before the changeover, and so won't recognise your new Pro serial, but I'm not certain.

edited December 1969

I've been looking into it and I don't think my computer will handle DS4.6. I't's struggling with the version I've got, and the newer version needs more resources, RAM, whatever, based on what I've read.
    So, until I upgrade my machine, or get a new one, it looks like I'll be giving the Transfer Utility a miss. A shame, but I've managed without it so far.
    Thanks for your info guys.