Random Odd Issues When Clicking and Dragging

Prior to opening a support ticket, I'm reaching out here because I'm wondering if it's a known issue with a fix. Searching with Google and in forums did not yield anything helpful.

Description: Issue with click and drag functionality acting unpredictably. I go into my scene tab, click a figure, choose a body part or choose an object instead. I go into the parameters tab, either to use posing sliders or translation sliders to reposition whatever I've chosen in scene tab. Upon clicking on slider, object is deselected and parameters disappear or completely other figure/body part or object in scene is selected and those parameters appear. Sometimes, I can click on plus or minus next to slider first, and then I am able to use slider without issue. Sometimes, it doesn't help. Sometimes, clicking on number on right and entering a new number will allow me to then use slider without it deselecting figure/object. Sometimes I will click and drag on camera controls in upper right corner, either pan or orbit, and instead of panning or orbiting, a figure in scene that was previously not selected will become selected and will be posed randomly instead of the camera moving. I will then need to undo previous action to fix. This behavior is becoming increasingly more common. Seems to have started within last few weeks, not sure when. Sometimes, if I have very few items or objects in the scene, it does not happen. Sometimes, restarting the program and reopening the scene seems to help for a short period of time, but it seems unpredictable. 

System Information: I'm on a Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit system, SP 1, 32 Gigs of RAM, i5-2500k @ 3.30 GHz, GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Surround on 3 monitors, with a 4th monitor plugged into motherboard GPU as part of desktop environment. Running current Daz Studio windowed across 3 monitors, so I can easily access desktop by clicking outside border. My mouse is a Corsair Glaive which is very sensitive (sometimes irritatingly so--would not buy again, but I digress). I have roughly 5700 products installed in Studio.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there anything anyone can suggest to me? 

Comments

• WandererWanderer Posts: 957
    edited March 2018

Maybe I'm the only one. If I don't hear from anyone on this by tomorrow, I'll go ahead and open a ticket.

Post edited by Wanderer on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited March 2018

Are you sure your finger isn't leaning on the right mouse button while your other finger is clicking and dragging with the left mouse button? I do that sometimes, and I usually end up zapping the pointer into the middle of the Viewport with a mouse click backed up, so it immediately selects whatever object's under the new pointer position. Very annoying, but all I can do is keep my right button finger well clear of the mouse while I'm click-dragging.

Post edited by SpottedKitty on
    edited March 2018

Thanks, SpottedKitty. Let me see about that. I'll post back with results.

I loaded up a heavy scene, proceeded to move objects around being very careful to keep whichever finger wasn't in use straight out and away from mouse. First test item worked fine. Second test item started well. I clicked the object in scene. I chose the X translation bar and slid it along. Fine. I chose the Z translation bar, clicked and dragged, but as soon as I clicked, the item chosen in scene switched immediately to another object without my finger ever leaving the button or the mouse even leaving the slider window. It's totally random, or seems to be. At present I'm using 12.9 GB of 32 GB RAM. While I'm sure the load was higher while attempting to move the object in scene, currently my CPU load is at 4% across 4 cores.

edited March 2018

I discovered that it may be related to something to do with my layout. On the right side, I have Front, Right, and Top views. Next to that, the parameters pane. In this particular scene, each time I clicked on the ztran slider for the object in question, it would select the plane I'm using for the ground. This shouldn't be possible, but when I unchecked the little thingy that makes it unselectable in viewport, it stopped selecting the ground plane object when I attempted to use the slider. I've opened a support ticket. Just hoped I could find a simple solution on the forums instead. Now, when I click on the ztran slider, instead of choosing that plane object, it just deselects the item in scene.

Edit: Yikes! Just received a response that it may take 10 business days to receive a response because of unusually heavy support volume.

Edit/Edit: Okay, odd, running maximized instead of windowed causes it to be a lot less likely to do this thing. Running windowed, I would say 4 out of 5 ztran clicks would result in deselecting the item selected instead of dragging. Running maximized, it was just the opposite: 1 in 5 ztran clicks resulted in deselecting the object rather than just allowing me to drag the slider as it should work.