AniBlock (GFA) File Specification

Lord_AshesLord_Ashes Posts: 91
edited December 1969 in Daz Script Developer Discussion

Is there a public specification for AniMate's AniBlock file system (GFA files)?

I am new to Daz Studio and one of the things that I miss compared to the previous program that I used is a nice overview of all the properties that change in each key frame. As far as I can tell Daz does not provide such an overview.

Since I am new to Daz, I haven't looked into using the Daz API or scripting to try to create such a plugin.

So I thought that, for now, as a work around I would create a simple GFA reader that would parse the information and generate such a overview for me. Yes, it would require saving the sequence before being able to use it but that will just get me to save more often (which is a good thing).

Unfortunately the GFA file is not a XML or text based format, so I need to try to get the specifications somewhere. I tried Googling for them but I did not have any luck.

It looks like the object names and properties are in plain text but I need to understand the rest of the data so that I can determine things like the value of the property and its correspondence to the timeline.

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AniMate and the AniBlock format was developed by GoFigure and not DAZ 3D. For your needs I would join the GoFigure Forums as that will be the place others with better knowledge will frequent the most.