Titanic Jack Tomalin can you please help

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
edited March 2018 in The Commons

after watching this cool game demo on youtube

(click to play)

I decided to round up all the bits of the Titanic in my runtime

so far have
The Grand Staircase, theSmoking room, the Reading room, the first class stateroom , the verandah cafe and the promenade

now the Veranda cafe and Smoking room preloads fit the promanade but what goes in the missing spaces?

titanic.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 300K
titanic top.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 769K
Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571

...most impressive. The detail is exquisite.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    kyoto kid said:

...most impressive. The detail is exquisite.

yes I want that game, even just to walk through, hope it comes out soon yes

edited March 2018

I do want to know how the DAZ jigsaw works in the meantime, hopefully @Jack Tomalin pops by heart

damn how do I tag a username with a space?

edited my title instead as getting nowhere with the forum HTML

...I just want the ship model.

kyoto kid said:

...I just want the ship model.

sadly I think that is why their game demo not readily available

lots of indy gamers steal stuff to redistribute, the render assets idea has not caught on in the gaming community yet, I found trying to use Unreal Editor as a renderer a nightmare involving Matinee and Kismet and scripts and crap

..hmm well we already have a few parts, wonder if we can persuade Jack to create a "Dream Titanic".  Would love to set scenes in other locations on the ship.

kyoto kid said:

..hmm well we already have a few parts, wonder if we can persuade Jack to create a "Dream Titanic".  Would love to set scenes in other locations on the ship.

yes

a much more comprehensive video of the set

edited March 2018

..."real men don't need lifts".

...only us old broken down achy ones do.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

..."real men don't need lifts".

...only us old broken down achy ones do.

damn I want  those lifts too JT enlightened can use for going down with Frankenfurter to do the Timewarp too

• I’ll need to check, there are plenty of blueprints online though in the meantime.

I do have a fair chunk of the deck laid out, but yea, it’s literally a titanic job to model the whole thing :)

I’ll need to check, there are plenty of blueprints online though in the meantime.

I do have a fair chunk of the deck laid out, but yea, it’s literally a titanic job to model the whole thing :)

heart

and prone to sinking cheeky

edited March 2018

...not in my continuum....unless...

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I’ll need to check, there are plenty of blueprints online though in the meantime.

edited March 2018

https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-deckplans/a-deck.html

the missing elevators and a boilerroom/funnel by looks

between the two cafe sets is the elevators and the funnel goes up in the indent in the smoking room

a level of the Grand staircase occupies the big foyer behind

other rooms like the reading room occupy places along the unmodelled deck further down

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

Vanishing Point has a fairly detailed Titanic model available over at Rendo.

Titanic by Vanishing Point.jpg
    1300 x 731 - 296K
    Titanic by V P.jpg
    1300 x 731 - 553K

My Video click to play

I used a shareCg freebie by Alaena but TY I have a fair few VP models

...mine is the ShareCG one as well.

http://www.titanichg.com/demo/

my PC only just barely meets the specifications 

not downloaded it myself yet

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

I have the VP Titanic model as well; it's excellent quality, but note that one of the texture paths is still pointing to the vendor's wip Runtime location. Easily fixed; just open the .cr2 file in a text editor and search through the ".jpg" file references until you find the one line that doesn't match any of the others. Change the folder path and re-save.

Not a problem in Poser, which can recover gracefully from errors like this, but D|S throws a hissy fit and says "you're on your own — find it!".

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

I have the VP Titanic model as well; it's excellent quality, but note that one of the texture paths is still pointing to the vendor's wip Runtime location. Easily fixed; just open the .cr2 file in a text editor and search through the ".jpg" file references until you find the one line that doesn't match any of the others. Change the folder path and re-save.

Not a problem in Poser, which can recover gracefully from errors like this, but D|S throws a hissy fit and says "you're on your own — find it!".

Hey, thanks! The few times I've loaded the model I just bleeped past that error message. Didn't know I could cure that kind of thing with an edit. This will come in handy.smiley

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    th3Digit said:

http://www.titanichg.com/demo/

my PC only just barely meets the specifications 

not downloaded it myself yet

That is an impressive demo. I used the VR demo. It was so weird teleporting around and inside the ship. Such great detail. 

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited March 2018

According to the plans here: https://www.encyclopedia-titanica.org/titanic-deckplans/a-deck.html ...

The forward space (on the right of your image) should contain the second class staircase and elevator. The other one is half taken up with toilets, and the other half with part of the engine leading up to one of the funnels.

[Added] Doh! th3Digit has already posted this! Sorry for the double post.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
    edited March 2018

update
    I downloaded the wrong version, installed works fine but cannot look at any of the areas covered by JT's model's sadly except the Staircase
    was peering in Smoking room, Veranda Cafe is beyond and the A deck prromenade outside

click video

edited March 2018

Google Sketchup has most of the Titanic if not all of it

certainly all the decks up to B are complete by Royal mail Steamship
    https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/user/0056683067489663446365194/Royal-Mail-Steamship?nav=models

and others have done sections of A and the top with lifeboats

I can load them saved as SKP 2014 into iClone 3Dxchange

anyway while the expected Sketchup quality they do show me how it fits toogether and at least what surrounds Jack's lovely sets

Adeck.JPG
    1936 x 1048 - 408K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,833
    edited March 2018

Another model from 3D Warehouse. Rendered in iClone 7.2

ElTitanic01pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 402K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited March 2018

Every single time this thread title pops back up I think you're calling Jack Tomalin "Titanic Jack Tomalin" and it makes me laugh a lot in a good way.

Post edited by agent unawares on

a video of 3D warehouse models in iClone

• Every single time this thread title pops back up I think you're calling Jack Tomalin "Titanic Jack Tomalin" and it makes me laugh a lot in a good way.

Well I might have put a bit of weight on over Christmas.. but... :D

...and In this corner, wearing the Union Jack trunks, Daz3D's and the UK's Favoruite Son, Titanic Jack Tomalin."

[and the crowd goes wild]