The Black and White Project

A friend recently sent me some old photos taken many years ago in black and white. The photgrapher who is now passed was her husband and one of my dearest friends and mentors. 3D Art is a new hobby of mine, and I know there are some threads on this around, I expect to dig into them as I try to work on this part of my craft. But here is the very first attempt at converting a render to B&W. I figure there is going to be a lot of work in both designing shots that are well suited for conversion, reder settings as well as post work required. This first one is just postwork applied to a render (hue, saturation, and lightness). I used the Gimp. Keep in mind I am not a photoshop pro, so please bear with me. :)

The original is in my gallery if anyone is interested. I would love to here tips and tricks from people who have already done this as well as comments.

Thanks. 

MirandaBW_Just_Hue_Sat.jpg
1334 x 1132 - 918K

Comments

• eslewiseslewis Posts: 21

Number 2. Again color version in gallery. This was edited in an older version of Corel Photo Paint. Converted to multichannel, 100 Red, 80 Green, 90 Blue, then exported to JPG and lightened up a little as a JPG. 

AxeManBW.jpg
    1334 x 2160 - 559K