Darwins' Schtuff Pt Deux

Comments

• smoke14smoke14 Posts: 245

Thank you Darwin & Carola for the kind comments. 

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Lorenzo looks really good Novica! 

DarwinsMishap Is that the Horse 2 you are using in in the ad and the other promos?  How did you get it to look that good?

smoke14 he looks fantastic

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2018

@smoke14  What a great combination!

Here's another Lorenzo for you. When I get a list of the products used in my thread I'll come back and link it.

After The Game 

Two brothers, different teams. It never matters which team wins. The real game starts after the first one ends. Stryker is Lorenzo's opponent. 

Lorenzo Basketball.png
    626 x 600 - 668K
    Post edited by Novica on

Lorenzo chilling out after the game. He won, of course. He always does.

Lorenzo z hotel.png
    626 x 800 - 985K
    edited June 2018

Lorenzo chilling out after a game. He won, of course. He always does. I like the subtle and not quite as subtle veins. Looks very natural. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Great render Novica.  He looks very real.  Great job with the character, as per always, DM.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Lorenzo looks really good Novica! 

DarwinsMishap Is that the Horse 2 you are using in in the ad and the other promos?  How did you get it to look that good?

He does, doesn't he?  Novica did a great job with him. :)

It is.  I just adjusted the shader system to be more Iray compatible and I have found that using outdoor HDRI environment maps tend to treat the Horse 2's shaders much better than using actual lights for the most part.

Sneak Peek on a morph I'm working on-wearing Lee 7's skin atm: 

And the morph with the eyes fixed:

This is the same eyebrows, same everything on Lorenzo, but with Odin's Hair and Beard, showing how just the hair and beard can make him look older. The set is The Stronghold.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Novica said:

This is the same eyebrows, same everything on Lorenzo, but with Odin's Hair and Beard, showing how just the hair and beard can make him look older. The set is The Stronghold.

That looks like that Chris Elliot who used to do Stupid Pet Tricks on the old David Letterman Show way back.Had to look up his name though as I didn't remember it.

edited June 2018

LOL!  How on earth did you remember him?!  FYI David Letterman dated my neighbor when I lived in Indianapolis. Dave was the weatherman on one of our local stations. Definitely not cut out for it. 

chriselliotLorenzo.jpg
    480 x 360 - 7K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Novica said:

LOL!  How on earth did you remember him?!  FYI David Letterman dated my neighbor when I lived in Indianapolis. Dave was the weatherman on one of our local stations. Definitely not cut out for it. 

I recognized the face but I didn't remember the name so I looked it up. I think he was one of the burglars in 'Home Alone' too. I once, right after I graduated college, I was driving to Boston from 1000 miles or more away and I passed Davide Letterman being chaffeured in his limo on I-95 in Connecticutt back to his home I guess or somewhere in the wee hours of the morning. Of course I wouldn't have noticed who he was if the windows wasn't down but but wow, a limo, was not common then. In those days a limo was a very rare site, i had actually never seen one in person til then. They are so common now on my last job interview in Manhattan the owner of the company I was interviewing with had me driven about in a limo to different clients of his in their apartments. LOL, he told me if I took the job I would be too poor to live in Manhattan so I'd have to live across the river in Jersey. It was interesting. Also many people take limos to the prom now too.

LOL- I remember him and the Stupid Pet Tricks.  That used to amuse the heck out of me

Wow, with the red hair Novica put him in he looks very Irish!  And I agree, the first thing I noticed were how realistic his veins look.

Wish I had more time to spend on mucking about with shaders.  Texturing is something that has always interested me but I swear, every month I think it will slow down and it seems the opposite happens lol.

Your new guy looks almost American Indian in the hair..  Looking forward to seeing more of him

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Great renders of Lorenzo Novica :) 

And Darwin, I like your new guy, he looks promising and I can't wait to see more of him.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Some pretty amazing renders Novica!

@DarwinsMishap The new guy looking very delisious to say the least!!!

Thank you, everyone.  It’s amazing what a little change like hair can do, right?

There will be more of Ishimoto- need to get his skin set done first.  Working with photo resources for most of it, with a MR skin underneath to help blend in difficult areas.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

@DarwinsMishap, I noticed in another, older thread, you mentioned you have the Standard version of Blacksmith 3D. I just wanted to give you a heads up, if you haven't already upgraded, that you can get the upgrade for half off now through June 25th.

And odd as it might be, Ishimoto reminds me a lot of my yougest daughter…! So, yes, I think he's gorgeous. laugh

Ah, thank you-I did upgrade a while back, but I appreciate you keeping an eye out. :) 

Really- huh!  Thanks!  I've been working on his skin, so there's been a little progress, but the brows have GOT to get redone on the tester.  I no likie. XD

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823
    edited June 2018

The dog 8 combined with the victoria 8 birthday sale ended up giving me the idea to this render (got the mobility equipment from the v8 b-day sale, been eying that one for a long time :) ) Giovanni and Lillyana with no other morphs added, I had planned for Gio to wear dogtags, but couldn't fit any of the ones i had to him andm ake it look right. Really want some g8 dogtags. 

Walking the Dogs

Post edited by Carola O on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Your mermaid is positively gorgeous, @DarwinsMishap.

Some of us would love a male version, or at least G8M fits for the geografted tail and fins. Any possibility you and Arki will make our dreams come true? (Giuseppe as a merman...? Yum.)

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

I second @l'adair's request.  Please, please, please :)  Christian would rock the meman look.

Carola O said:

The dog 8 combined with the victoria 8 birthday sale ended up giving me the idea to this render (got the mobility equipment from the v8 b-day sale, been eying that one for a long time :) ) Giovanni and Lillyana with no other morphs added, I had planned for Gio to wear dogtags, but couldn't fit any of the ones i had to him andm ake it look right. Really want some g8 dogtags. 

Walking the Dogs

This is well done, nice job!  The older dog tags can be a pain, but I don't autofit them to the G8M. I manually place the tags to where they need to be then parent them and use the bones (if included) to further pose them.

Thank you L'adair and WE. XD  I can't promise anything, but that would be an interesting idea for sure.

The mermaid is stunning.  I knew she was yours as soon as I saw her lol.  I've had to wishlist for now but as soon as my husband gets paid for this last job she is mine. (self employment has its benefits, but some days, getting paid is like pulling teeth.  Only we don't make as much as the dentists lol)

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Beautiful mermaid Darwin ! 

I had to wishlist her too until payday. When Arki said soon I didn't think it would be the day after lol.

Thank you!  I hope everyone enjoys using the entire project products, it was a lot of fun to work with.

Sorry I haven't been around much lately- haven't had the time.  

Ya you all put together a fantastic package.

Thank you very much! I do appreciate that, as do the other PAs who participated. ;)