"Be Seated" billboards for classroom, cabaret, ballroom, lecture hall, theatre, etc.

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to populate that theatre or lecture hall, or that (see partial list above) that you bought but haven't used much because filling (and rendering!) it would take forever?

I bet I'm not the only one who would jump all over a collection of (seated) theatre-goer billboards, student billboards, etc. etc. I would even go so far as to suggest that this kind of product would be right up RiverSoft Art's alley.

Anyone else feel a similar need?

Comments

• melaniemelanie Posts: 763

Yes, I could use those, too.

• jakobrhjakobrh Posts: 97

That would be a must have

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

As those billboards seem to be used often to keep memory load low when rendering, wouldn't it be possible to do renders of a few people in the poses needed, then cutting them out with photoshop/gimp/whatever and use the result as texture for a primitive?

Sure, it would take some time to prepare, and it would only be able to use those figures from very static angles, but on the other hand it would be free of charge ^^

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501

As those billboards seem to be used often to keep memory load low when rendering, wouldn't it be possible to do renders of a few people in the poses needed, then cutting them out with photoshop/gimp/whatever and use the result as texture for a primitive?

Sure, it would take some time to prepare, and it would only be able to use those figures from very static angles, but on the other hand it would be free of charge ^^

It would indeed be possible--I've even made a couple of billboards myself--but it's tedious, time-consuming work. In the time it would take me to make a bunch, I could probably load the scene with 3D characters and render it, even if it meant dropping to CPU mode. All in all, I'd rather pay someone else to do the drudge work.wink

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Blind Owl said:

All in all, I'd rather pay someone else to do the drudge work.wink

I can understand that position, but being a miser with a lot of spare time, doing it myself would be an option for me. wink