Problem viewing DAZ content

SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
edited June 2013 in Carrara Discussion

When I open a new empty project and load a DAZ figure it loads fine and I can see the figure, move it around and edit it. If I open a new project and load a landscape preset, then load a DAZ figure, the figure loads but I can't see it. I can move the red, blue, green arrows up, down, left and right but I just can't see the figure. I've looked for it but it's invisible. The figure is ticked as "visible" in the general pane but this makes no difference. Where is it and what am I doing wrong?

I'm using Carrara 8.5 latest beta.

Post edited by Superdog on

Comments

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

landscape presets are scaled at "large" which makes the grid aprox 3000ft per square. The figure is there, but very very small.

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 1969

I've zoomed right in but I still can see it. Can I click on something to go to the figure like in DAZ?

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If the figure is selected under the instances tab, you shouls be able to hit 0 (zero) and that should make the cam point at the figure.... Sorry I am at work and cannot do a screen grab...

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Load the figure first, then the landscape preset; note you may have to move the landscape up/down to match the figures feet.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Use a medium scaled scene (perfect for working with figures)
    you can still add a terrain,. or multiple terrains,. and they can be as Big as you like.

try making your own terrains and shaders too.

You may find it easier to have a small area,. like a plane, or terrain,. which you can use as the foreground for your figures.
    then add a bigger terrain in the mid ground or background.