Does anybody know where I can find a free LightWhip from Star Wars?

njsnjs Posts: 71
edited March 2018 in Product Suggestions

Does anybody know where I can find a free LightWhip from Star Wars?

-njs

Post edited by njs on

Comments

• I just checked "shareCG" for you because they usually have some very good Star Wars stuff  {and free} but I cant see a light whip.

If you have photoshop it would be quite ease to paint if you use the "Poligon Lasso Tool"or even freehand ?

I would use an ordinary light saber as the handle { free on shareCG }

Then draw the length of whip you want using the freehand or poligon tool, it doesnt matter if the poligon tool gives it a little square edges because your motion blur with change that

Fill the whip part you just drew with the colour you want and when you have done that simply right click on the whips layer, from the blending options choose Outer Glow, this will give it the "light saber type" glow, If you want it more just duplicate the layer and drop it down on top of the original layer,

Go to BLUR, blur and then to motion blur, add as much or as little as you want,

It will really make the whip look like it is moving and bring a lot of movement and action the scene.

Sorry I coulnt help more, If I see one I will get back to you

Here I enclose a rough graphic to show you what I mean,

The Red Guard is something I started last week but lost interest lol

my friend sent me the background made with a sw type set of walls and floors from DAZ or Renderosity Im not sure anyway the whip takes less than 10 mins

light whip png.png
    1472 x 2004 - 2M
    light whip Jpeg.jpg
    1472 x 2004 - 910K
  • EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Another option would be to parent an "easy-pose" rope to the light sabre handle. Then apply an emmissive shader to the rope.