Sasuke

Comments

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 906

@wonderland I agree he is a tad too girly.  I'm trying to play with morphs and such to see if I can make him a bit more masculine but still Sakura-like.  Here is how far I've gotten, and I am by no means skilled at changing things up (though I try).  I'd like to change the eybrows a bit more, as well as the lips.

That looks quite good. It's definitely a more masculine face.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,146

Thanks @MaryBaker  I love and have snagged your version as well :)

• I really think g8m-sakura-type depends on what RareStone wants to make, and if RareStone thinks she can make enough money off the sales if Daz doesn't want to do a buy-out. Which is to say, we might see a G8M Sakura-type eventually but possibly not as a bundle? RareStone did the male morphs first so it's not like she only does women.

I'm going to pick up Sasuke, but not until the PC+ weeklies go out tonight so I can get the Bonus Buyer discount.

Rarestone did a male morphs Sakura set? where?

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160
    edited March 2018

A quick render of the three figures - sorry, I didn't spend too time adjusting clothing or the figure poses. I found that I can use G8M poses but the arms and hands need to be adjusted.

I was already using @MaryBaker 's figure but I picked Sasuke and the new hair to add to my figure / hair collection.

18-03-07-amimethree.jpg
    1700 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by Mollytabby on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962
    edited March 2018

@wonderland I agree he is a tad too girly.  I'm trying to play with morphs and such to see if I can make him a bit more masculine but still Sakura-like.  Here is how far I've gotten, and I am by no means skilled at changing things up (though I try).  I'd like to change the eybrows a bit more, as well as the lips.

That looks quite good. It's definitely a more masculine face.

@MaryBaker, what is the Mary Baker version?

nevermind found it

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • EJWorksEJWorks Posts: 483
    edited March 2018

You did a very nice job here and I really like his eye shape and chin. But his lips still bother me as being too girly.

I have been playing with the face morphs and trying to get a more squared off face, but I need to work on changing his lip shape and seeing if I can get Kenji skin textures onto Sasuke. I think that will help a lot.

Post edited by EJWorks on
  • ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112
    edited March 2018

Tried to Unzip parts, still all the textures file folders are CORRUPT, I can't figure out how hard it is for Daz to simply make a clean zip and replace it updated in the Download Queue, and why it will take them 10 days to respond to my ticket, on something that should never have been released with a corrupted DIM and Manual DL Zip file.  It makes no sense, and I am NOT the ONLY person who cannot install or unZIP this product.

Antonio (ProFotograf)

Post edited by ProFotograf on
  • Still all the textures file folders are CORRUPT, I can't figure out how hard it is for Daz to simply make a clean zip and replace it updated in the Download Queue, and why it will take them 10 days to respond to my ticket, on something that should never have been released with a corrupted DIM and Manual DL Zip file.  It makes no sense, and I am NOT the ONLY person who cannot install or unZIP this product.

Slowly aggravated.

Antonio (ProFotograf)

The zips are being updated.

• ProFotografProFotograf Posts: 112

Still all the textures file folders are CORRUPT, I can't figure out how hard it is for Daz to simply make a clean zip and replace it updated in the Download Queue, and why it will take them 10 days to respond to my ticket, on something that should never have been released with a corrupted DIM and Manual DL Zip file.  It makes no sense, and I am NOT the ONLY person who cannot install or unZIP this product.

Slowly aggravated.

Antonio (ProFotograf)

The zips are being updated.

Thank you RICHARD !!!! Much appreciated !!!

Antonio (ProFotograf)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

This should be sorted out now

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747
    edited March 2018

@Worlds_Edge, If you make the lips thinner and the mouth smaller and the face more angular, that can help. Sakura also comes with many morphs that are useful for making a male, including some muscle morphs. I was surprised how many morphs she came with, like 10 for each body part!  And you can make the body more muscular with Daz morphs too, broaden shoulders a bit, make smaller hips, thicker wrists and ankles and fingers, shorter less shiny nails and less color on the lips. The original Sakura's texture has less color on the lips than the image above. I played again with more morphs on my version of a Sakura male and decided I definitely didn't need Sasuke...

I may have overdone it with the muscles in the last image but of course, I can dial all that down and am not really planning on doing images without clothes anyway!

sakura male cu.png
    518 x 663 - 75K
    sakura male onyx outfit.png
    600 x 800 - 295K
    sakura male muscular.png
    600 x 800 - 296K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

@profotograf after the dim download, since it did not actually install, can you check the "available" tab in smart content?  If you see the character grayed out and double click, then it will install.  Hopefully that solves your problem because, otherwise, I know how frustrating it is.

I will try what you suggest Worlds_Edge, I will have to see what might  possibly work and report back here.

Thanks for the suggestion,

Antonio (ProFotograf)

If nothing else works, you could open up the zip and manually install it all in their correct folders...

The problem is that the .zip is corrupt and you can't get the files out of it. I can see the files that should be in there but windows explorer just says that an unexpected error is stopping it from extracting the files and 7zip reports header errors and produces a set of empty files instead of the texture files.

I have managed to install him by letting Studio connect to Daz and finding him in products. All the things Studio thinks aren't installed are listed greyed out after the ones that are.

@ejworks and @wonderland those are all good suggestions, thank you.  I did play around with the mouth area yesterday, improving it a tad but it still needs more work I think.  This will be good practice, and I'm glad Sasuke came out as it is a great starting point for what I want.  You don't even want to see the results of my early attempts without Sasuke, lol

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/539701/

Using Sasuke for a character in one of my stories, Tetsuya. I was having some problems with applying Kenji textures to him, but over all like him since he is suppose to be a bit soft in appearance. I'm hoping when I get the texture problem worked out he'll look even better.

Tetsuya 01.jpg
    930 x 878 - 323K

@djworks He looks great!  Love the straighter eyebrows.  Did you use Sakura morphs for that? 

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,314
    EJWorks said:

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/539701/

Using Sasuke for a character in one of my stories, Tetsuya. I was having some problems with applying Kenji textures to him, but over all like him since he is suppose to be a bit soft in appearance. I'm hoping when I get the texture problem worked out he'll look even better.

Kenji has his own UVs, and will not work on Genesis 8 Female at all, without a map transfer to G3M, and then using the male female UV product, ie this:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

If Sasuke was based on G8M, then you could use Kenji's textures if you owned this:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-male

edited March 2018

@djworks He looks great!  Love the straighter eyebrows.  Did you use Sakura morphs for that? 

The eyebrows was using Sakura morphs. It took a while of playing with it. I can't remember for sure if it was shape 09 or 15, I kept going back and forth between those two.

Havos said:

Kenji has his own UVs, and will not work on Genesis 8 Female at all, without a map transfer to G3M, and then using the male female UV product, ie this:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-uv-swap-male-and-female-base

If Sasuke was based on G8M, then you could use Kenji's textures if you owned this:

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-character-uvs-for-genesis-8-male

I have Genesis 8 uv swap and was able to use that to put a Micheal 7 texture on him, but couldn't figure out why Kenji and They Guy textures weren't working. Thanks for letting me know.

Sasuke 01.jpg
    930 x 878 - 263K
    Post edited by EJWorks on
  • QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 906
    edited March 2018
    @MaryBaker, what is the Mary Baker version?

nevermind found it

@ALLIEKATBLUE: I'm glad you found it. Yeah, Sakuro is my attempt at making a dial-spun male morph for Sakura to share as a freebie. Several other people had done it and were getting nice results. There's a thread somewhere around here where people had shared their versions. (Of course I can't find it when I'm actually looking for it. :/ But there are several excellent morphs there.) I like how Sakura went from being the only one of her kind to there being several different guy versions to go with her, then Sasuke turns up to be the official Daz addition to the mix. 

@Worlds_Edge: If you're still looking for it, the morph is available from my DeviantArt page. Sakuro Freebie for Sakura 8

It's nice to have Sasuke to go with Sakura. He looks to me like her younger brother more than anything else, but I think it's just that they have matching noses. And while I first thought it was strange that he wasn't built for G8M, I realized how useful that actually is when it occurred to me that all the morphs and add-ons that were made for Sakura will work with him seamlessly.

Post edited by Quixotry on

@ejworks - thanks, I will play with the eyebrows more :)  I wonder how "beautiful skin" shader would look over your michael skin (which, to me, looks too harsh for Sasuke)

@marybaker - I have no idea why it looks like I asked what your version is.  Way above, I let you know I snagged your version already.  I got him when you offered up the presets on the other thread, and thank you.  One can never have too many cute manga characters.

@worlds_edge- thanks, I will play with the eyebrows more :)  I wonder how "beautiful skin" shader would look over your michael skin (which, to me, looks too harsh for Sasuke)

It was the first genesis 3 male texture I could get to work on Sasuke, my first choices having been Kenji and The Guy. Now that I know what the problem was I'll go back and play with other textures, something a bit softer and without the 5 o'clock facial stubble.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,604

They have fixed the DIM installation for Sasuke now. He came up as an update in DIM and installed OK.

Ok, here are Sakura and Sasuke (out of the box) on our right, with Sasuke-modified (face, eyebrows, skin) on our left.  The only other thing I'm trying to do with the modified version is figure out why his right eye is a bit smaller than his left, I have no idea what I touched and haven't been able to fix that yet.  Bottom line, I like Sasuke and am glad I got him.

Sakura and two Sasukes.jpg
    1144 x 741 - 463K
  • Sorry to see this quiet.  Since I have been fooling with him quite a bit between making squadron textures lol.  I will post something up later. I got a good bit of the girly out of him using Blue's script to throw Kenji 7s morphs into the mix and kept him looking anime.

Sorry to see this quiet.  Since I have been fooling with him quite a bit between making squadron textures lol.  I will post something up later. I got a good bit of the girly out of him using Blue's script to throw Kenji 7s morphs into the mix and kept him looking anime.

Hey, you still haven't shared your Sasuke pictures. :)

• edited July 2018
    EJWorks said:

Sorry to see this quiet.  Since I have been fooling with him quite a bit between making squadron textures lol.  I will post something up later. I got a good bit of the girly out of him using Blue's script to throw Kenji 7s morphs into the mix and kept him looking anime.

Hey, you still haven't shared your Sasuke pictures. :)

Oh my I just got home from work to see this.   Had been working on a contest entry over on Deviant Art the last month.  Probably won't win because there is a bit of a bias against nontraditional art in that group but  hey it let me clear something off from my too do list  in my old gallery from over a decade ago lol.   Let me see  if I am free for the weekend and will put something up.  

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • edited July 2018

ok EJ  here is what I have been fooling with.  One to the right is standard Sasuke with Kenji morphs adjusting him to look a little more male.  Left is Muwawya's Ayumu  loaded with adjustments from Kenji, Sakura and Sasuke.  Proportionally I think Ayumu looks better but Sasuke fits to Sakura better. Hope you like. 

Sasuke mod Ayumu.png
    566 x 800 - 561K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • Tanis VoltaTanis Volta Posts: 550
    edited July 2018

I have just made a petition on suggestion idea for a bundle of secondary character shapes for sasuke and sakura, here https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/265381/secondary-character-shapes-for-sasuke-and-sakura

Please comment there to give support :)

Post edited by Tanis Volta on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I was just hoping to see some Ayumu blends. Thanks!

• I was just hoping to see some Ayumu blends. Thanks.

Thanks picked him up yesterday.  Still can't figure out how to get over to Sasuke though since it is a third party morph.  Truthfully I prefer the left look myself.  I usually don't do the BESM look on my anime/manga males.  I may give it another go after I finish these character references for my Kasumi character. 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Yeah, my ideal anime male has much narrower eyes than the girls. I was just browsing Google image search for ‘3D anime boy model’ and there was a nice ‘gundam’ style head I kind of liked on turboquid.