Leather Mad Hatter Freebie- g8f

EC3DEC3D Posts: 131
edited March 2018 in Freebies

This hat was created with intent to be used as a free asset for artists to use in their renders. It is provided as a Daz Studio clothing item for Genesis8Female and can be easily adapted to any model. I have included the geometry in .OBJ format to do with as you please. I look forward to seeing what you will make with it.
The clothing item has been completely overhauled. Geometry clipping fixed. It is rigged as a clothing item for Genesis 8 female with transferred weights. After running a few tests it seems to conform to custom head shapes well enough that I didn't need to bother with weight painting. I was going to add morphs for hair before I realized that didn't make sense beyond some subtle stretching with a hat this rigid. Pose your hair instead :P. I still plan to add morphs for movement, crumpling, smashed, etc. Templates have been included as well as and OBJ file. Daz Iray material preset has been adjusted as close to PBR as I could manage, and textures were optimized. Enjoy!

Here is a download via Mega-link. Alternativey the file can be downloaded from my D.A. page, but I have it up as a donation option for 20 points. If at least one person could give me a heads-up that the link worked fine I would be grateful.

https://mega.nz/#!cuwHHbrL!FPYS5vimh0m555zKYbbOu_yacYJzZ1Nw42cE-5zB3zE

Post edited by EC3D on

Comments

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

It worked. Thanks.

edited March 2018

A Quick render.

DesertVampWHat.jpg
    5000 x 5000 - 2M
    Post edited by Greybro on
  • EC3DEC3D Posts: 131

Oh! That looks cool. Thanks for sharing :)

• RuphussRuphuss Posts: 2,631

thank you for the nice hat

if loading with people/clothing

i get missing file in E:/Blender

edited March 2018

would be nice if there were some predefined movements getting the hat more into the neck or front or side

the new Hat 01.png
    3840 x 2160 - 4M
    Post edited by Ruphuss on

Thank you for taking the time to respond Ruphuss. Some adjustment morphs will be included in the final update. The next update will use the same files so no need to reinstall as with the alpha. Could you by any chance list what file or screenshot is calling for the E/blender structure? That sounds like I might have missed a texture map, the old version lived in a production folder.

Also, nice render :)

missing files

e:/blender resources/!ab blends/!clothing/hats/hatter_subs/leather_blackred/brim_glossiness.jpg

e:/blender resources/!ab blends/!clothing/hats/hatter_subs/leather_blackred/hatter_top_roughness.jpg

e:/blender resources/!ab blends/!clothing/hats/hatter_subs/leather_blackred/lace_height.jpg

e:/blender resources/!ab blends/!clothing/hats/hatter_subs/leather_blackred/stripe_inner_glossiness.jpg

e:/blender resources/!ab blends/!clothing/hats/hatter_subs/leather_blackred/stripe_inner_height.jpg

e:/blender resources/!ab blends/!clothing/hats/hatter_subs/leather_blackred/stripe_inner_normal.jpg

A Quick render.

Ruphuss said:

thank you for the nice hat

if loading with people/clothing

i get missing file in E:/Blender

I got a notice about missing textures in DS but was able to locate them manually

edited March 2018

Here is the update as mentioned. It includes a fix for the missing texture map error, as well as a bunch of basic morphs for adjustments.

http://mega.nz/#!0jpWkAgI!LP71kwokzklJSFGcupEiVIxkVs-NIxeIsCjfSgcGwFM

Post edited by EC3D on

hey that was quick

still get the blender files message

Ruphuss, Im trying to get to the bottom of this error. Could you tell me if it is the same exact error? Did you install over the top of the old files or do a clean install? What I did to try and solve the data error was assign the correct maps in the daz runtime directory, then saved a new material preset and also saved a new support asset prop. This was after deleting the data files. Then I packed the archive. Maybe I am missing a step?
    edited March 2018

Here is another update! I hope you don't mind I add content with each one... ;) This update fixes the single texture map missing error that escaped the last fix, as well adding 3 more color options , the hat as a handheld prop, with one chorus line pose.

https://mega.nz/#!p6hHCAxZ!H_6YhX8R6Z3mJbYyXBNW4_RoD1xnKrDDDmyRy4f5OOA

Post edited by EC3D on

installed over the top

i do not know how to clean all files deep in the systems

there were times where we got uninstallers with products but that was before DIM and connect

Here is another update! I hope you don't mind I add content with each one... ;) This update fixes the single texture map missing error that escaped the last fix, as well adding 3 more color options , the hat as a handheld prop, with one chorus line pose.

the link goes back to 1.5 version

intended ?

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,291

If you click the deviantart link then you can find the update on the main page in the picture on the right, just click read more to show the link.

edited March 2018

Thank you Ruphuss for your continued patience as I get the hang of how all this packaging and publishing content works, and what to avoid. Also thank you Faeryl Womyn for helping out. Actually the aforementioned 2 links are both outdated. I ran out of time last night to post version 1.7, and I suppose working after the day job until the small hours of the night all week might help some things slip notice. Overwriting the files should work just fine post 1.5, but I did notice data files for some older geometry got left in the earlier packages, which is why I suggest cleaning that out. It's not mandatory to use the item since the presets and props have all been updated, that's just my OCD on the matter here.

Anyway, here it is.

Post edited by EC3D on
  • Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,291

Got the new version, will try it out tomorrow.

Great let me know how it works out. I'm taking off this weekend from projects but I still check messages.

e:/blender resources/!ab blends/!clothing/hats/hatter_subs/leather_blackred/stripe_inner_normal.jpg

this is left

the hat works all fine though

thank you