G3 anatomical elements seam

davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
edited March 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion

I added the anatomical element to G3..image attached. note the seam.. you can tell the textures matches, but the object appears to be a bit larger than the body or something?

How to correct?

gen seam.jpg
613 x 322 - 270K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Are you sure they are using matching materials (both 3Delight or both Iray)?

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

both iray I'm pretty sure. i will give it another go in a bit to be positive. 

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

Not sure this is the issue here, but make sure you’re not in geometry editor mode, as that makes geografts look funky. 

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited March 2018

Yeh, what Redz said; if you look carefully at the seem; the geometry doesn't have a smooth seam; it's that not texturing - going off the image; could do with being larger and higher res.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • Certain body morphs won't line up properly with the anatomical elements if the morphs to the area were not done with the gens attached.

• KitsumoKitsumo Posts: 1,210

Whenever that happens to me, it's usually a difference in the displacement or subsurface shading or maybe translucency. I usually find it by comparing the two surfaces line by line, setting by setting. It's tedious, but that's usually where I find the problem.

• InkuboInkubo Posts: 744
    edited March 2018

I can't tell from the pic if the mesh is separated there--like a pelvis shield that hovers too high over the original body mesh--or if it's just a difference in coloration. If it is just a difference in coloration, I think Kitsumo is probably right: there is some small difference in the shader settings between these two surfaces.

Because there are so many details to look at, what I normally do is:

• Make sure the shader is the same on both parts. If the body is using Iray and the gens 3Delight, you'll never get results you like.
    • Once the shaders agree, I right-click to copy the hips texture from the character, then paste it onto the gens. This makes the settings exactly the same, which will look crazy because now the gens bitmaps are all wrong. But those bitmaps are the easiest things to fix with a few clicks, and the ones you need are already in the list when you right-click the boxes to change them. Just make sure you get 'em all.

In other words, I'm lazy: I'd rather just wipe out the bad setting than laboriously track it down.

Post edited by Inkubo on
  • Silver DolphinSilver Dolphin Posts: 1,588

Hi, daveso I've run into this problem and it had to do with sss and some other shaders that were not avalible in the geograph. I tried to copy and paste the shaders in the main torso over to the geograph in the shader tab. This did not work. The only thing that works is to start from scratch and use a simple Iray shader and add it to both the main character and the geograph and tweak the setting to match for both. This is a serious issue that there is no easy fix for. We could use a script that copies the shaders and creates genital textures from the main textures (not all content creators provide genital textures).  I hope this helps

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

thnks for all the help. it helps laugh

• I find that squaking like a bird at my computer screen helps occasionally.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I've seen that problem with Genesis 8 too and it went away 100% when on a hunch when I changed the skin shader materials to use Mono instead of Chromatic.