N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 - Revolution

tristanthorne1997tristanthorne1997 Posts: 241
edited March 2018 in New Users

Does this work on G8? If not, is there a similar product for G8? Trying to get achieve the realistic skin effects with G8 that this product seems to produce on G3 and G2, according to the promo renders.

https://www.daz3d.com/n-g-s-anagenessis-2-revolution

Post edited by tristanthorne1997 on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Have you tried the official thread? You can ask the PA there directly. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/110976/n-g-s-anagenessis-ii-revolution-commercial#latest

• Thank you, BeeMKay. I will go there now.

This is a dumb question, but....do all products have their own support threads like this? 

• EDIT: I see the Daz PA Commercial Products Forum now, but all the threads are listed in chronilogical order as oppsoed to having a list of products or a link to specific products. Without having to scroll through hundreds of entries, how do I search for a specific product's Support Forum?

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Google generally works better than the forums search engine;)

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited March 2018

Yes, NGSA2 works with Genesis 8 figures because the surfaces are the same as Genesis 3 figures.

Note: The settings may not be optimized for the Genesis 8 textures, NGSA2 doesn't use the same settings for Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3.

NGSA2 is compatible from Generation 4 (Genesis script) to Genesis 8 (Genesis 3 script)

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • tristanthorne1997tristanthorne1997 Posts: 241
    edited March 2018

Thank you Noah and Sven. Noah, if you happen to have a Before and After sample of the so-called One Click feature of this product on either a G3 or (preferably) a Gen 8 figure, i would be forever greatful. I am definitely a novice when it comes to skin, shaders, surfaces, etc., so I am leary of buying yet another product that has great looking promos, only to find out that you have to be a Daz Genius to use them.

Is it literally as simple as loading a character and then essentially clicking once with this product?

EDIT: I see there are some Before and After pics on the product forum thread, sorry. What's your personal opinion, though, Noah?

Post edited by tristanthorne1997 on
  • Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,557
    edited March 2018

Actually I'm using together NGSA2 and Iray Smart Converter & Advanced Skin Managers for Genesis 3 (ISCASM).

ISCASM G3 scripts can't be applied to G8 figure, just I copy/paste the surfaces on a G3 figure in order to run the script and copy/paste them to G8 figure.

Michael 8 textures

1. Original
    2. NGSA2, Genesis 3 script
    3. NGSA2 + ISCASM (Caucasian, Warm Skin, Preset 2)

Genesis 3 Michael 7 textures

1. Original
    2. NGSA2, Genesis 3 script
    3. ISCASM: G3 Main Converter script, Caucasian, Cold Skin, Preset 2
    4. ISCASM: G3 Main Converter script, Caucasian, Warm Skin, Preset 2

Michael8.jpg
    2560 x 1375 - 358K
    Post edited by Noah LGP on