Stephanie 4 S4 in Poser 9 installation/usage

I've downloaded and installed Stephanie 4 for Poser 9 and I don't think it's working correctly. There's a figure in DAZ People called Stephanie 4 which I double-click on, and I get V4 appearing in the scene (I guess because S4 is based on V4) and spawning about 6 inches below floor level. Then in Poses>Daz's Victoria 4>Morph Injections>INJ Stephanie 4, I double-click on INJ Stephanie 4. I don't see any changes yet. I go into the Proportions folder and try to modify things that way. Nothing I inject seems to make any changes. Also, the character's few morph dials don't seem to do anything. How do I fix this? I think it might be the way I installed it but I don't know, especially because I couldn't find documentation explaining how you're supposed to load/use the figure.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

The "INJ stephanie 4" pose in Morph Injections only makes morphs related to Stephanie usable on the V4 figure, it won't alter the figure. It's the same for the morphs++ INJ.

However when loading the Stephanie 4 cr2 it should apply the morph directly.

How did you install the S4 pack? For most V4 morph packs there's an utility to run after the morphs have been copied to disk so that V4 can load the new morphs.

• edited March 2018

EDIT: I *believe* I used S4EliteBase.zip and simply extracted the contents to the Daz3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime folder. There's no executable with it. Most of my content was in DAZ when I switched to Poser, but the vast majority of it works fine.

Post edited by rirvinmoore_bce34b999f on
  • EDIT: I *believe* I used S4EliteBase.zip and simply extracted the contents to the Daz3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime folder. There's no executable with it. Most of my content was in DAZ when I switched to Poser, but the vast majority of it works fine.

The Runtime from the zip has to merge with the Runtime in your content directory, then you have to go to \Runtime\Libraries\!Daz and run the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 batch command for your operating system.

• EDIT: I *believe* I used S4EliteBase.zip and simply extracted the contents to the Daz3D/Studio/My Library/Runtime folder. There's no executable with it. Most of my content was in DAZ when I switched to Poser, but the vast majority of it works fine.

The Runtime from the zip has to merge with the Runtime in your content directory, then you have to go to \Runtime\Libraries\!Daz and run the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 batch command for your operating system.

That sounds familiar, but I'll try it out. I actually installed S4 about a month ago so my recollection is other than perfect.

• I ran the batch file but the program is still doing the same thing. Should I try to delete the files and then reinstall?

• I still haven't gotten S4 working. Any further advice?

• Did you install Stephanie 4 to the same location as Victoria 4? You should have only one Daz People folder with both figures in it.

• Yes. If I open Poser, click on the figures (person-shaped) button, then go to My Library>DAZ People, I have Stephanie 4, V4.2 to V3, and Victoria 4 all in that folder.

• Where is the /Runtime/Libraries/Character/Daz people folder located on your system?

• Where is the /Runtime/Libraries/Character/Daz people folder located on your system?

The exact path is

C:\Users\Admin\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\libraries\Character\DAZ People

I favor my DAZ runtime since it already has so much content in it. Both Stephanie and V4 are installed there. I notice that there are 3 .cr2 files and 3 .png files, but only 2 .dsb files. The 2 .dsb files are for "Victoria 4.2" and for "V4.2 to V3." Does it make a difference that there are only two .dsb files?

• It means that in Daz Studio PowerLoader won't start when you load Stephanie 4. Since you are using Poser that isn't likely to be a factor - though if you do also use DS I suppose it might be a factor, if PowerLoader directly writes to the files that are readScripted by Poser too.

• Just for laughs I'm going to try the Install Manager and see if that changes anything. If anyone comes up with any better ideas let me know, because I dropped a decent amount of money on this and it's not doing anything.

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

What Leana was saying earlier about the injection pose file was that the morph for Stephanie 4 is "injected" into the V4 base figure in Poser, but it is not dialed-in - it gets injected with the morph set to zero. This is normal behaviour for morph injections. If the file is working as it should, you should see a morph dial for Stephanie (Body) when Victoria 4.2 is selected in your scene, and a morph dial for Stephanie (Head) when Victoria 4's head is selected in your scene. Dial them both to 100% and there she is. If that is not working as described, then we'll need to see what issue there might be.

• I found the morphs by loading the Stephanie 4 figure from DAZ People. The Head morph is already set to 1 but none of the body morphs (which include "Stephanie") do anything. I couldn't find anything by loading V4 and applying the S4 morph injections.