RELEASED!! CC Beard Boss for Genesis 8 Male(s) [Commercial]

Comments

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113

This looks like an amazing product. One question, are there dial morphs to extend the mustache to cover the lip(s) and extend the length of the facial hair/shorten the length of the facial hair? Also wondering how this product works with other shaders such as OOT's hair shaders or UHT hair shaders.

• Ichiban said:

Also wondering how this product works with other shaders such as OOT's hair shaders or UHT hair shaders.

I am so glad you asked :D I made the UV specifically to be compatible with UHT2 :D As such, it will also work with OOT's hair addon and pretty much any of them. That said, these were made for transmapped hair and not fibermesh, so in most casese all the bump/normal maps can be removed (for faster rendering). You also might want to use the Stripes UV to see the shading you put together on something like UHT2. There is a Thicken strand morph that will make the individual hairs much wider that would show the shading more on the default UV. Keep in mind when you use these that head hair is generally a lot smoother/shinier than beard hair, so you'll want to use the lower shine settings most likely. I'm not sure about OOT's, but I know UHT2 has a bunch of shine options.

One question, are there dial morphs to extend the mustache to cover the lip(s) and extend the length of the facial hair/shorten the length of the facial hair?

As for the mustache length, all the morphs can have limits removed and be overdialed which will make them longer. At a certain point, they'll start to get wider though, but that's actually why I made the Thicken morph-- you can dial it down to the thickness you like for the strands. That said, there are mustaches that do cover the upper lip, and there is a lengthen morph, but this was intended for the full beards. With all the shapes I've made morphs for, lengthen morphs for each individual one would be super-annoying looking for. I think that would be at least 60 individual lengthen just the part being used, and the dials would be a nightmare looking through. 

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

This sounds very promising.

• IchibanIchiban Posts: 113
    Ichiban said:

Also wondering how this product works with other shaders such as OOT's hair shaders or UHT hair shaders.

I am so glad you asked :D I made the UV specifically to be compatible with UHT2 :D As such, it will also work with OOT's hair addon and pretty much any of them. That said, these were made for transmapped hair and not fibermesh, so in most casese all the bump/normal maps can be removed (for faster rendering). You also might want to use the Stripes UV to see the shading you put together on something like UHT2. There is a Thicken strand morph that will make the individual hairs much wider that would show the shading more on the default UV. Keep in mind when you use these that head hair is generally a lot smoother/shinier than beard hair, so you'll want to use the lower shine settings most likely. I'm not sure about OOT's, but I know UHT2 has a bunch of shine options.

One question, are there dial morphs to extend the mustache to cover the lip(s) and extend the length of the facial hair/shorten the length of the facial hair?

As for the mustache length, all the morphs can have limits removed and be overdialed which will make them longer. At a certain point, they'll start to get wider though, but that's actually why I made the Thicken morph-- you can dial it down to the thickness you like for the strands. That said, there are mustaches that do cover the upper lip, and there is a lengthen morph, but this was intended for the full beards. With all the shapes I've made morphs for, lengthen morphs for each individual one would be super-annoying looking for. I think that would be at least 60 individual lengthen just the part being used, and the dials would be a nightmare looking through. 

I'm definitely looking forward to this product. Thank you for the explanation! 

• The beard's been released! Find it at https://www.daz3d.com/cc-beard-boss-for-genesis-8-males !

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

Yay! You DID include neck beard! Thanks so much!

• ArtsyDragonArtsyDragon Posts: 530

MINE!

• I can't wait to see what you guys do with it :D

• AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406
    edited March 2018

here are a few more ;-)

ccbeardviking.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 661K
    ccbeardmib.jpg
    1500 x 1500 - 563K
    Post edited by Amaranth on
  • AmaranthAmaranth Posts: 406
    edited March 2018

double post, I got too exited XD

Post edited by Amaranth on
  • Amaranth said:

Now you've gotta do more to put in that post XD

edited March 2018

So many options. So many dials. So many ... hours of fun ahead. This was rendered in DAZ Studio 4.10. HDRI lights, perspective view (forgot to switch to camera), took about 20 minutes to render. Setup, 10 minutes.

@ChangelingChick The product is amazing. Thank you! I will be watching you..... 

NewProd_CCBossBeardv01.png
    828 x 888 - 1M
    Post edited by ArtsyDragon on
  • That looks great!! Is that G3 or did I miss a character? 

That looks great!! Is that G3 or did I miss a character? 

Hello @ChangelingChick

That is Lee 7 with some tweaks to his facial morphs (not too many). Hair is Ryo. Behind him is Zen and an HDRI image.

I used several of your beard options to get the look in the image. It is so easy to work with. I think I'm in heaven, lady. And you put me there. :)

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    Amaranth said:

LOL

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,031
    edited March 2018

Quick Autofit Tutorial for Generations before G8:

1. For Genesis 3, just use the regular autofit. Expressions will still follow. (https://www.daz3d.com/sy-genesis-8-clones-for-genesis-3 will help)

2. For Genesis 2 or before, you'll need to fit to Genesis 3 first (assuming you don't have G8 clones for those generations), so you'll need more than one character in your scene. Once you've done that, in the Parameters tab, go to General --> Misc --> Fit To... and choose the character you want to fit to. You may need to do this several times if you don't have G3 clones for all your older generations (put it on G3, then G2, then G1, etc). For the expressions/morphs to follow for pre-G3, you will have to transfer them to the beard with the transfer utility because there was not a facial rig prior to G3. I don't have any stuff for G1 to test expressions or anything, but I didn't notice that what was there wasn't typed, and didn't transfer over, so not sure what's with that. There seems to be a few issues with G1. Gen 4 had a different rigging/weightmapping system, so transferring to that will be much more involved.

I've attached a quickie render of how the beard straight transfers to other generations. 
    I also did a fast (and bad) render of Josh Crockett's https://www.daz3d.com/the-exile-alien-hd-for-genesis-3-male with the beard autofit to him so you can see how it follows without tweaking to G3.

Also attaching a quickie (and bad) render of the Josh Crockett's https://www.daz3d.com/orc-hd-for-genesis-8-male to show how well it follows morphs in G8 and because who doesn't want to see a huge mean scary orc with a rainbow beard on. 

I am planning on going through RawArt's catalog and do some of the morphs in there after all the junk I have to get done today is done :D 

AutofitsLabel.png
    1041 x 440 - 414K
    alien beard 02.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    orc 1.png
    1000 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by ChangelingChick on
  • OstadanOstadan Posts: 1,123

OK, sold.

Finn Bearded.png
    1067 x 1067 - 1M
  • I like it!! Looks like you used a streak preset, yeah? If you want to get funky with it, you select a single mat zone in the surfaces and Control Double Click the material color in the library or smart content and choose to only apply the color to that zone, so you can do some crazy mixes in addition to the presets included :D 

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

OK, so I'm not really into the details of male figures but I like getting the shiny and new so I had to give this a try. Let me say that I love the look of this beard.  There are so many options that I had to google terms like copstache, van dyke mustache and chin curtain to know what the hell? Anyway, here is my first render, really love this product.

Cuff 2.png
    903 x 882 - 905K
  • Glad to hear it!! And I love that man :D 

• Quick FYI: The beard loads in with the lengthen morph on. This was a request from a couple testers because they kept loading in more than one because they couldn't see it loaded and that adds up to a lot of polys fast :D The Zero Shape preset will put it back to gone basically so you can start shaping it with hair not everywhere. If that makes sense.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

I'm having a problem, or maybe i just don't understand how to use the controls in combination properly. I applied Copstache shaping preset. It looked good. Then I experimented with the sliders for curly, messy, thicken, etc. As soon as I use those sliders, beard hair starts appearing on the face, chin, and neck again. Trimmed under chin and trimmed neck didn't get rid of the unwanted hair. Shorter-Longer is at 0 and setting it lower didn't seem to help either. I only want the mustache. How can I apply those additional shaders (curly messy, thicken) sliders to the copstache without getting hair on the face, chin and neck?

CC Beard problem.JPG
    1559 x 1334 - 230K
  • I've made a couple morphs to adjust for this and a couple other things I've noticed. I'll put the update in asap to fix this. 

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,688

I've made a couple morphs to adjust for this and a couple other things I've noticed. I'll put the update in asap to fix this. 

Thanks so much. I'd noticed the same thing but attributed it to fuzzy brain.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited April 2018

I've made a couple morphs to adjust for this and a couple other things I've noticed. I'll put the update in asap to fix this. 

Thank you for the update!

I'm going through the transformation process, and I was just wondering, when I transfer it to G3 and want to save it out, would I save it as a wearable Preset? Or an asset?

EDIT: I seem to do something wrong with the transfer to G2M. I do get it to fit properly using the above mentioned method, but I don't get the beard to follow the facial movements, even though I used the transfer tool. I think I missed something...

Is there anyone who successfully transferred the beard from G8M to G2M, who can give me a step-by-step rundown? (And yeah, I'd actually pay for a working version of the beard in G2M right now...)

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • BeeMKay said:

I'm going through the transformation process, and I was just wondering, when I transfer it to G3 and want to save it out, would I save it as a wearable Preset? Or an asset?

EDIT: I seem to do something wrong with the transfer to G2M. I do get it to fit properly using the above mentioned method, but I don't get the beard to follow the facial movements, even though I used the transfer tool. I think I missed something...

Is there anyone who successfully transferred the beard from G8M to G2M, who can give me a step-by-step rundown? (And yeah, I'd actually pay for a working version of the beard in G2M right now...)

Ah, that's because G2M doesn't have rigged faces. You have to transfer the morphs for expressions with the transfer utility. 

BeeMKay said:

Ah, that's because G2M doesn't have rigged faces. You have to transfer the morphs for expressions with the transfer utility. 

I tried that, but for some reason it didn't work... ?

• RedzRedz Posts: 1,459
    BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

That’s because autofollow is not turned on for G2 by default. You’ll want to turn on autofollow for the expressions in the parameters pane BEFORE fitting the facial hair. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566

Quick FYI: The beard loads in with the lengthen morph on. This was a request from a couple testers because they kept loading in more than one because they couldn't see it loaded and that adds up to a lot of polys fast :D The Zero Shape preset will put it back to gone basically so you can start shaping it with hair not everywhere. If that makes sense.

Thanks so much for the zero shape, it is much appreciated. I thought it very strange that it loaded with hair showing and I had to go in and zero it out before using.

Redz said:
    BeeMKay said:
    BeeMKay said:

That’s because autofollow is not turned on for G2 by default. You’ll want to turn on autofollow for the expressions in the parameters pane BEFORE fitting the facial hair. 

And WHERE do I do that? I can turn on Autofollow for the entire figure of G2, but that does zilch.

I apologize for being an idiot.