missing files for Stolz for Genesis

sinfanysinfany Posts: 190
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

Has anyone else encountered this problem - I installed the files and got an error message of missing files and I no longer have the option of a second download/install.

Thanks!

Screen_Shot_2013-06-10_at_7.13_.34_PM_.png
646 x 577 - 74K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you have the Genesis Evolution Body Morphs and M4 Shape for Genesis?

• sinfanysinfany Posts: 190
    edited December 1969

At first glance, the requirements say Genesis, which I have in M5 so I thought I had all the requirements. However, upon closer reading it also says that Evolution body morphs is required. Does that mean that this character won't "work" without the morphs files?
    Thanks!

edited December 1969

Does it still apply? It looks like it only needs them for the body shape -- does the head shape look correct?

edited December 1969

Does this look right? He looks...um...effeminate. Do I need the body morphs? He doesn't look much like the pictures in Daz.

Screen_Shot_2013-06-10_at_11.04_.58_PM_.png
    491 x 592 - 108K
    edited December 1969

When you apply it, does the dial for M5 show as set to 1?

edited December 1969

I'm not sure what you mean by "dials set to 1". I just loaded the figure, without any adjustments (all sliders are in their default position of 0).

Here's a screenshot of my directory - note the exclamation marks in front of the Stolz files. I haven't had this happen before so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Thanks

Screen_Shot_2013-06-10_at_11.23_.30_PM_.png
    443 x 513 - 70K
    edited December 1969

Apply the morph, then go to the Parameters tab and see if Michael 5 is set to 1 (I think it shows up under Actor > Universal > Real World)

edited December 1969

All the sliders are at 0.00 and M5 looks good, until I apply Stolz. Then he gets "curvy".
    Weird.
    I am concerned about the exclamation marks though. Does that mean something's wrong with them?

edited December 1969

No, some vendors put exclamation points in front of file names so that they show up in the desired order.

edited December 1969

Try dialing in M5 after you apply Stolz, if it's showing as set to 0.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,828
    edited June 2013

I have Stoltz and I've done some checking. I like the character a lot, but he should never have been listed as being for M5. That's a thing that DAZ seemed to make vendors do, even when it's very deceptive. Unfortunately, Stoltz doesn't use the M5 shape, and apart from the genitalia, he doesn't use the M5 UVs. There's really nothing about him that requires Michael 5, especially if you don't want to use the Genesis Male Genitalia.

Stoltz comes with two shapes as presets in his People\Genesis\Characters\Phoenix1966\Stoltz directory, as well as an "Actor" that calls both the shape and the texture at the same time. The "Body 2 - Apply" preset calls several Evolution morphs; for the shape of the body, it calls Basic Male -- which comes with Genesis Starter Essentials -- as well as Bodybuilder, Body Tone, Body Volume, Bodybuilder details, and all sorts of other shaping bits and pieces that only come with the Genesis Evolution Head and Body morphs. He's also got some other morphs that look like you might want to get Genesis Evolution Muscularity, although those are probably not absolutely necessary.

The other preset has text underneath reading "Body - Apply", and the icon has Stoltz' body with "+ M4" on it. For that one to work at all, not only do you need Evolution Head and Body and Muscularity, but you also need the Michael 4 shape for Genesis. That one makes him a lot beefier and brawnier.

For what it's worth, almost every single Genesis character sold here uses Evolution morphs in some way. You're not going to be able to move forward well without them. Most, although not all, of the male characters use the Michael 4 shape to some degree, although Michael 5 is finally making some progress.

Post edited by vwrangler on
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for you input vwrangler.
    Much appreciated.