• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081
    th3Digit said:

oh wow Stezza you are unstoppable yes

+1

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

such a talented pigeon :)

great modeling and texturing stezza,.

flash garcia :)

My computer has only 6 cores and 10 or 12 Ram, an AMD graphics card, and 3 Gig herzt. That is probably not very good for animation.

that's more than adequate for animation,. bear in mind that 10 years ago, animated films were created with systems less powerful than yours,

i'm still using a quad core AMD Athlon II 64bit (3GHz) with 12GB of ram,. so you're system is more capable than mine :)

• Retro LadRetro Lad Posts: 471
    edited May 2018

3DAGE,

Thanks for the info.

According to a computer magazine article I just read both the quad and Core i7 have four cores. I thought that the 8 core home computers were in common us by almost everyone, and that I was riding a dinosaur with my 6 core. I have heard of 10 core and 12 core computers so they must be way out of range for what I could afford. I was looking for an 8 core computer in the 900 dollars range that would of course have to paid in installments.

Sometimes I get way behind in what's currently happening.

Post edited by Retro Lad on

the confusion lies with multithreading,. ,. it's true that the Intel i7 has four cores,. (quad core) but it has a technology called multithreading which fool the OS into seeing 8 cores.

so a 12 core could be  really a 6 core with multithreading.

either way,. you've got a system which is currently capable and doesn't urgently need upgrading or replacement to do what you want.

hang on to your bucks,. :)

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802

thanks Carrara'ists

been busy with pigeons haven't had a chance to do any more modeling recently..

smiley

edited June 2018

Polar Postal Service

polar postal service 01.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 137K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede,

It's Fred Astaire as the North Pole Postman.  Can he dance in Carrara? How about a fat Burl Ives snowman? Thanks for making me smile on a 100 degree day out here in roasting California.

My Santa's wish is for a 3000 dollar super fast, zillion megabyte hardive, desktop computer. Hah, ha

Diomede said:

Polar Postal Service

this is pretty cool.... in more ways than one yes

and very timely as I sit here at the beginning of winter with freezing temps around 15c laugh

Winter has a few more weeks before it starts down there?  I think?

But don't worry, the mail will get through.

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    Diomede said:

Polar Postal Service

Diomede, an exceptional render, on so many levels.  It really is one of my favorites that you have produced.

Stezza, I remember your comments to those of us freezing a few months ago, about how warm and breezy it was down under.  What goes around comes around. smiley

moi?

• Persona Non GrataPersona Non Grata Posts: 1,365
    edited March 2021

Post edited by Persona Non Grata on
    edited June 2018

@FlashGarcia, @Stezza, @UnifiedBrain, and @Selina - thank you for the kind words.  I really enjoyed everything about creating thie polar postal service image.  Glad some of the joy comes through.

@FlashGarcia, of course Fred can dance!  He is Fred Estaire.  Fully rigged and ready to tap dance his way to Santa's workshop.

But not all is well.  Ominous drum roll.  A Femme Fatale has curves, and she is about to throw more than one of them at Fred. Can the dapper postman remain straightlaced in a cold world?  Coming to a challenge thread near you.

femme fatale claymation.jpg
    700 x 933 - 41K
  • PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Great female character!

Thank you, Phil.  I need to go through your animation tutorial again.  At the time I watched it, I was only doing stills so I really need a refresher.  Gotta get Fred dancing.

Good luck with that!

edited June 2018

Diomede,

How about a Ginger Rogers toon character. And maybe add a Santa's Elves "Square-Dancing Band" with a fat Burl Ives Elf doing the auction style megaphone singing. I actually had a square dancing class in grammar school back in the 1960s space age.

I have the toon "Gramps" character, so maybe I can make him dance.

It was 105 degrees today, and the Summer is only beginning here in California. So, "Let it Snow".

dance1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 85K
    Post edited by Retro Lad on
    edited June 2018

Had a go at this one today.... though having trouble getting some fur on him.. always seem to get patches of baldness over the body..

Alf.png
    640 x 480 - 143K
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited June 2018

@FlashGarcia - don't you see the resemblance of the newest model and Ginger Rogers?  wink

@Stezza - great model.  Are you applying the fur by geometry polygon or by texture map?  It could be a UV problem. Another problem I sometimes have is a polygon normal or two getting reversed and the hair growing inwards.  Hope you get it sorted out.

Diomede wrote,

"don't you see the resemblance of the newest model and Ginger Rogers?"

I haven't watched a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers film in a long time. I used to see them on the AMC (American Movie Classics) cable channel, many years ago, until the channel was ruined by greedy nincompoops. Until then, the movies were shown with no annoying commercial breaks and it was PC free.

The last time I saw Ginger Rogers on TV was when she was interviewd at an old folks home and she looked horribly old.

Well, even bigtime PhilW didn't call her by name, so "nyahh".

Yep.. actually did try all of them... PITA is the fur..

did a bit more today.. boned him and tried to furr him again

Diomede said:

@Stezza - great model.  Are you applying the fur by geometry polygon or by texture map?  It could be a UV problem. Another problem I sometimes have is a polygon normal or two getting reversed and the hair growing inwards.  Hope you get it sorted out.

Excellent work stezza and diomede

edited March 2021

Well, even bigtime PhilW didn't call her by name, so "nyahh".

Before my time! laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

ALF

alopecia looking fur

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

still cuddly but keep him away from my cats

edited March 2021

That cat on the stool reminded me that there is an image I created in Bryce 4, way back in 2003, that I wanted to do over some day. So now is my chance to do so in Carrara 8.5 and this time using the Fur options, etc.

It was a silly homage image to "Donovan's Brain", created by Curt Siodmak, and made into both a great old radio drama, and a great film in the 1950s

donovan1.jpg
    640 x 480 - 58K
This discussion has been closed.