Another noobie

edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello. I tried to download some free models to play with my Daz3d 4.6. Every time I download a human model I get a Runtime folder. I don't know what to do? Where to insert this folder to use these models? Please help, I've been looking for it everywhere :( I tried do insert it in my Lybrary, but when open Daz there it doesn't show me any runtime folder? What am I missing?

Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited June 2013

If you installed Genesis Starter Essentials, you would already have a folder called 'runtime' inside your My Library folder. Download and install it to get the Genesis figure, and all the free content that comes with DS4.6.

The reason that you are getting a runtime folder with your free downloads, is because the figures are in Poser format. If you are using Windows of any kind, all you need to do, is to 'merge' the downloaded runtime with the one that should be in the My Library folder.

If you don't want to install the Genesis package for some reason, then simply drop the downloaded runtime folders into the My Library folder, and they will all merge together. Make sure that My Library is listed as both DAZ Studio Formats AND Poser Formats in the Content Directory Manager, and then you will find your figures in the Content Library > Poser Formats > My Library > Figures.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • edited December 1969

Oh, thank you. I finally found them, though I manually inserted runtime folder in lybrary. But there is another problem, when I try to insert body in daz, it shows me some kind of error, it can not locate something "fitness.pz2 or something, do you have any idea what it is?

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

First of all, since you are new to all of this, I would suggest 'buying' the free tutorials by Dreamlight on how to begin using DAZ Studio, which you will find in the store here : http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/index/?dir=asc&order=price&q=dreamlight&x=0&y=0

Oh, thank you. I finally found them, though I manually inserted runtime folder in lybrary. But there is another problem, when I try to insert body in daz, it shows me some kind of error, it can not locate something “fitness.pz2 or something, do you have any idea what it is?

To load a figure into a scene, double click on the icon in the Content Library under figures. In the case of a Poser figure, this will be a file with the extension 'CR2'. It should load by itself without errors, but if you are getting erros, then please look in the log file, Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File, and you will find the error in there.

A PZ2 file, is a Poser 'pose' file, and these are in the runtime folder under Pose, and you can load them by going to Poser Formats > My Library > Pose. You MUST have a figure selected in the Scene pane for these PZ2 files to work, since they only apply to one particular figure.

Have a look at the tutorials, and post the error that you are getting from the Log File. Please DO NOT post the entire log file, as it can run to many pages, look for the error when loading the figure.
  • edited December 1969

If i'm right, I think I didn't have Victoria Morphs. I have bought it now and downloading, I hope it will fix the problem

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited December 1969

Oh, thank you. I finally found them, though I manually inserted runtime folder in lybrary. But there is another problem, when I try to insert body in daz, it shows me some kind of error, it can not locate something "fitness.pz2 or something, do you have any idea what it is?

Also note that some products rely on others to function properly. Many of the character packs rely on the Generation 4 or Genesis figures to work, since they only make changes to the base model rather than add a new one. What pack are you trying to use? The more information you can provide, the better we can help you.
  • edited December 1969

Also note that some products rely on others to function properly. Many of the character packs rely on the Generation 4 or Genesis figures to work, since they only make changes to the base model rather than add a new one. What pack are you trying to use? The more information you can provide, the better we can help you.

I am almost sure that installing Victoria Morphs will solve my problem. Thank you very much for your help :)