50 cent fashion - what even?

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I just wanted to thank Daz for the wonderful V4/M4 sale - I scored a lot of items for 50 cents each! Whoa! And some really cute stuff too!

Thank you so much for the great sale, Daz! :D

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,113
    edited February 2018

I'm so glad I made my purchase on Friday before the sudden changes to the sale. I had considered getting that top too but wasn't sure how well it autofits to the Genesis figures, so I ended up getting this sci-fi lab instead, so everyone can use it. Here was a test Iray render I did with applying the default shader to it. The only tweaking I did was to the emissive settings on the items' screens and LED lights.  The room isn't included.

I agree, I love these sales so much!

Post edited by MimicMolly on
    edited February 2018

Okay, a more pertinent render with the Cross Over Bikini on G3F and The Ocean Queen dragon, who's much smaller than I had expected.

LydiaAndOceanQueen.png
    1458 x 657 - 1M
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,683

I liked the sale but it was confusing because more I got the less I spend.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Okay, a more pertinent render with the Cross Over Bikini on G3F and The Ocean Queen dragon, who's much smaller than I had expected.

hahah I like that it looks like the dragon and the girl are having a conversation! lol I was tempted to get those two items as well. :) 

• mmalbertmmalbert Posts: 412

I picked up some things for a kit-bashing ensemble I've been wanting to do - I already had Sky Commander A3, Future WIlderness G1, and Gynoids Cyber Chic V4, but I'd wanted the helmet from Midnight Rocketeer V4 and the top from Space Defender: Security Officer M4. All on David 5:

The_Rocketeer.png
    640 x 900 - 902K
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726
    edited February 2018

I picked up these lovely ladies who have been waiting impatiently in my wishlist for years! Ghoul Girls, https://www.daz3d.com/ghoul-girls , by Noggin. A little bit of Iray treatment did wonders for them, especially for the gal on the right. Her skin looks fantastic in iray.

Ghoul Girls.jpg
    1024 x 819 - 847K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    edited February 2018

hahah I like that it looks like the dragon and the girl are having a conversation! lol I was tempted to get those two items as well. :) 

You really should get the OceanQueen Megebundle. At 90% off ($5.50) it is a real steal and the OceanQueen like most of Arki's products is absolutely gorgeous.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on

You really should get the OceanQueen Megebundle. At 90% off ($5.50) it is a real steal and the OceanQueen like most of Arki's products is absolutely gorgeous.

That is an amazing deal. That little dragon looks so good too! :)

I picked up these lovely ladies who have been waiting impatiently in my wishlist for years! Ghoul Girls, https://www.daz3d.com/ghoul-girls , by Noggin. A little bit of Iray treatment did wonders for them, especially for the gal on the right. Her skin looks fantastic in iray.

lol "lovely ladies" Yeah, the skin doesn't look too bad at all. Did you use Anagenessis II? 

edited February 2018

lol "lovely ladies" Yeah, the skin doesn't look too bad at all. Did you use Anagenessis II? 

I did, the genesis preset. laugh

Oh, I also added some dual lobe specular and a little of fabiana's Shader Plan Glitter... and some TLC, of course!

Post edited by AnotherUserName on
    edited February 2018

That is an amazing deal. That little dragon looks so good too! :)

I did get the bundle but I only felt like rendering the dragon. Sorry for the confusion and I agree, it was a great deal. The only thing that annoyed me was that these Eyedeas 3+ textures are for sale but not the actual Eyedeas 3+ for V4 and M4 eye props themselves.

• I loved this sale, I got the so much stuff for pennies, pennies I tell you

edited February 2018

I loved this sale, I got the so much stuff for pennies, pennies I tell you

haha Right? Anytime you can get cute clothing items for 50 cents each is fantastic! lol Truthfully I bought stuff I likely wouldn't have otherwise - because you never know how well some of the older items will look on the newer figures. But at that price it was worth the risk for sure! 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

I thought about taking advantage of it. After loading up my cart I then realized how much V4 stuff I have already and how much work it is getting them to work and just dumped the cart. It's a great sale for those with little to no experience with older assets though.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735

I picked up a bunch of stuff too, including one of the more expensive but useful products, (for a whopping $3.50!)  https://www.daz3d.com/beautiful-bends-v4 so then hopefully I can just use V4 and not have to deal with autofit on newer characters. I still love V4, have tons of stuff for her, but it's hard to use her realistically for anything except for close-ups because of the bad bends. If that works well, I'll have fun playing with V4 again! Although, I do tons of non-realistic stuff and postwork so I have not abandoned V4 anyway! She's easier to pose too. It drives me crazy that there is no side-side dial for forearms on newer models!

• ok so why did I buy this?  Melody 2.0 because she was like .90 and the entire textures bundle was $6 Does anybody have this?  Can you fit hair on her?

melody 2.0.png
    903 x 882 - 699K
    edited February 2018

ok so why did I buy this?  Melody 2.0 because she was like .90 and the entire textures bundle was $6 Does anybody have this?  Can you fit hair on her?

Heres how the hair worked for me. Merge the hair into the scene, select it, then use the pose provided. I then parented the hair to V4's head. Great fit!

Melody.jpg
    632 x 819 - 223K
    Post edited by AnotherUserName on
  • Ooooo thank you so cute
    edited February 2018

ok so why did I buy this?  Melody 2.0 because she was like .90 and the entire textures bundle was $6 Does anybody have this?  Can you fit hair on her?

Heres how the hair worked for me. Merge the hair into the scene, select it, then use the pose provided. I then parented the hair to V4's head. Great fit!

Furries confuse me. This is cute ..but sexy? And kind of creepy at the same time? It's kind of cool looking to be sure ...but it also confuses me. Am I supposed to see it as cute? Sexy? Weird? I don't know... I'm thinking all three. lol The body is a great pin-up shape, but then the face is all cute animal, and then the claws are a bit scary. 

Am I the only one confused and a bit weirded out by these but also thinking they're kind of cool looking at the same time? lol

I'm usually REALLY opinionated and have firm opinions on most things, but these animal people pin-up girl clawed things ...I just don't even know. lol 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Furries confuse me. This is cute ..but sexy? And kind of creepy at the same time? It's kind of cool looking to be sure ...but it also confuses me. Am I supposed to see it as cute? Sexy? Weird? I don't know... I'm thinking all three. lol The body is a great pin-up shape, but then the face is all cute animal, and then the claws are a bit scary. 

Am I the only one confused and a bit weirded out by these but also thinking they're kind of cool looking at the same time? lol

I'm usually REALLY opinionated and have firm opinions on most things, but these animal people pin-up girl clawed things ...I just don't even know. lol 

Lol. I dont know. I dont read alot into this stuff. When I use V4 I typically try to use a body thats not standard v4 just so that I can see how versatile the clothing item or whatever is. I dont see characters like this any differently than any other toon character.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,578

That's the appeal for some people, the seemingly opposing elements of cute and savage.  Others perceive symbolism of an uninhibited personality, "wild" and free.  Some are attracted to the fur, fluffy and warm, comforting, a bit like a living plush toy.  Others are enticed by the "exotic".  Some see them as strong, powefrul, virile.  Other just like the noyion of their cartoon animal friends "growing up" with them.

Sincerely,

Bill

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    edited April 2018

I've always found those womanimals really creepy as opposed to Hobbes which is like a stuffed animal come to life.

I recently for MM bought all the kings, queens, & princes outfits for V4/M4 for $0.83 each. Mysterious why there was no princess outfits that showed up in the suggested products.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • I seem to have missed the 50 cent offers but I did pick up the OceanQueen dragon for less than a bottle of Scotch. Newbie to this stuff, my software of choice is more technical but I wanted characters to decorate my work and tripped over Daz, got Poser too but I find it so un-intuitive I will probably stick with Daz, just wish I could figure out how to re-centre the cursor control, keeps wondering off from the target. This is my first post, flame away, I can take it, I love this software, I spent five decades bitterly jealous of my brother who is a natural artist, I struggled with stick men, now this wonderful toy falls in my lap!

Punk Dragon.jpg
    1280 x 853 - 719K
    edited July 2018

I seem to have missed the 50 cent offers but I did pick up the OceanQueen dragon for less than a bottle of Scotch. Newbie to this stuff, my software of choice is more technical but I wanted characters to decorate my work and tripped over Daz, got Poser too but I find it so un-intuitive I will probably stick with Daz, just wish I could figure out how to re-centre the cursor control, keeps wondering off from the target. This is my first post, flame away, I can take it, I love this software, I spent five decades bitterly jealous of my brother who is a natural artist, I struggled with stick men, now this wonderful toy falls in my lap!

The sluggish viewport is caused by their event loop code having more events that it can handle. According to the changlog for the upcoming DAZ Studio 4.11.x DAZ 3D developers are refactoring that code. Refactoring is just developer speak for trying to make the code faster efficient and easier for the coders to understand. 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited July 2018

Furry fans are very interested in anthropomorphic animals. I had a friend who was very strong in the community and a popular artist. They do indeed find them cute, sexy, and all between. They have conventions, dress in fur suits and collect and enjoy art of this nature that is both mature and not mature.  Interests and involvement vary wildly though. 

There are plenty of furry comics, furry conventions, and places like deviant have many furry artists.

in my drawing days I attempted furries because they are popular and you can make money doing it, but I did not have the knack.

I liken the art to manga art. It’s popular with some people and generally cute. In general though the male and female furries both seem popular. Here you see a lot of female only art but there are plenty of people who like male furries and there is a fair sized gay community within that fandom.

Typically artists give them human clothing, hair, and outfits and they tend to lead human lives they are just human animals.  I see no difference between liking furries and liking manga... it’s a style that some seem to gravitate too. And since the characters aren’t human you aren’t constrained to certain shapes or races although often the figures are humanoid in appearence

Most furry art though tends to be sexy although it runs the gamut. But this is usually a mature art community geared towards adults.

I don’t find them creepier than any other toon type figure....and less creepy than some...but I don’t gravitate towards this style or toons in general.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited July 2018

I actually grabbed a BUNCH of V4 stuff in March, when it went on sale for huge discounts.  When the item is showing as 8 cents in your cart. (and somewhat higher prices, but still steeply discounted), it can be hard to say no...

I had over 200 items in my cart that day.  And I made a second pass on that sale as well, but still ended up missing a couple of needed items that I didn't notice that I needed at the time (prereqs).  My strategy was, if it's less than 20 cents, unless I felt I wasn't ever going to use it, into the cart it went.  March 23rd, 2018 was a busy shopping day for me...

So while I did grab some stuff during the V4 BDay sale last month, and the discounts were nice, well I'd already grabbed a bunch of stuff before.   Nonetheless, I did find a few more gems in the June sales.  Although I check the Daz sales daily, I'm still noticing stuff I didn't know existed before.  SOOOOO MANY PRODUCTS in the Daz store.

But back to the 50 cent fashion...

Here's Natsuko (with Prae Ruester Hair) sporting her V4 Bunny Dazed outfit.

Natsuko_BunnyDazed1.jpg
    800 x 1183 - 295K
    Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on

I actually grabbed a BUNCH of V4 stuff in March, when it went on sale for huge discounts.  When the item is showing as 8 cents in your cart. (and somewhat higher prices, but still steeply discounted), it can be hard to say no...

I had over 200 items in my cart that day.  And I made a second pass on that sale as well, but still ended up missing a couple of needed items that I didn't notice that I needed at the time (prereqs).  My strategy was, if it's less than 20 cents, unless I felt I wasn't ever going to use it, into the cart it went.  March 23rd, 2018 was a busy shoppind ay for me...

So while I did grab some stuff during the V4 BDay sale last month, and the discounts were nice, well I'd already grabbed a bunch of stuff before.   Nonetheless, I did find a few more gems in the June sales.  Although I check the Daz sales daily, I'm still noticing stuff I didn't know existed before.  SOOOOO MANY PRODUCTS in the Daz store.

But back to the 50 cent fashion...

Here's Natsuko (with Prae Ruester Hair) sporting her V4 Bunny Dazed outfit.

Thaat looks good. I am looking at some $1.99 fashion and it seems it's the only fashion like that in the store so that's even luckier.

• I seem to have missed the 50 cent offers but I did pick up the OceanQueen dragon for less than a bottle of Scotch. Newbie to this stuff, my software of choice is more technical but I wanted characters to decorate my work and tripped over Daz, got Poser too but I find it so un-intuitive I will probably stick with Daz, just wish I could figure out how to re-centre the cursor control, keeps wondering off from the target. This is my first post, flame away, I can take it, I love this software, I spent five decades bitterly jealous of my brother who is a natural artist, I struggled with stick men, now this wonderful toy falls in my lap!

The sluggish viewport is caused by their event loop code having more events that it can handle. According to the changlog for the upcoming DAZ Studio 4.11.x DAZ 3D developers are refactoring that code. Refactoring is just developer speak for trying to make the code faster efficient and easier for the coders to understand. 

Thanks for the feedback, but I did not make my problem clear, probably why I cannot locate a fix. Example is if a I scale an object the control cursor - translate for instance, is displaced, so then if I try to rotate the object it rotates about the centre of the cursor instead of itself producing a bizare orbiting movement. I am familiar with this from 3DS Max, but there you have a facility to re-position a wandering cursor, cannot find that in Daz.

On topic - ish - I spotted the wings were poking through the arms after posting the dragon, gone back and corrected but that is one of the two sad things about this model, the wings and saddle will not behave as fitted objects should, they get left behind, means I will not even attempt to animate the dragon.

edited July 2018

I seem to have missed the 50 cent offers but I did pick up the OceanQueen dragon for less than a bottle of Scotch. Newbie to this stuff, my software of choice is more technical but I wanted characters to decorate my work and tripped over Daz, got Poser too but I find it so un-intuitive I will probably stick with Daz, just wish I could figure out how to re-centre the cursor control, keeps wondering off from the target. This is my first post, flame away, I can take it, I love this software, I spent five decades bitterly jealous of my brother who is a natural artist, I struggled with stick men, now this wonderful toy falls in my lap!

Thanks for the feedback, but I did not make my problem clear, probably why I cannot locate a fix. Example is if a I scale an object the control cursor - translate for instance, is displaced, so then if I try to rotate the object it rotates about the centre of the cursor instead of itself producing a bizare orbiting movement. I am familiar with this from 3DS Max, but there you have a facility to re-position a wandering cursor, cannot find that in Daz.

On topic - ish - I spotted the wings were poking through the arms after posting the dragon, gone back and corrected but that is one of the two sad things about this model, the wings and saddle will not behave as fitted objects should, they get left behind, means I will not even attempt to animate the dragon.

I'm not aware of such a feature in DAZ Studio (but then my viewport is too sluggish to effectively use it) although I know Blender has such a feature.

• Found the fix for the wandering cursor by accident, and so easy it is silly. Just click on the figure and drag it back to the cursor!!