Need Help with this dson stuff, Please

dobbsplacedobbsplace Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Okay, I was leary, but I finally bit and bought figures with the Genesis label. I am about to ask for a refund for all of the $90 in figures I recently bought. I like the figures and want to use them for a project I am in the middle of at the moment. So far, epic fail.

Problem: I use Poser 9 updated with the latest sr3.1 thing. The genesis figures don't show up. They seem to load, I get the dials, but there is nothing in the frame where figures have been for the last twenty years. I have searched for answers everywhere, but none work so far.
I have installed the genesis essentials in the main poser directory (according to instructions from daz here)
I have installed the figure (there were two files) in a separate runtime folder not in the program files folders. (which is what most have said to do)
I have checked the permissions for all folders involved and have the rights to use/write/ w/e.

Anyone want to help me with this please? I have some deadlines on some art work projects coming up. They need to make this easier it is very frustrating. I figure, if we pay this much money for these things, they need to work and come with specific instructions on what to do. Don't say switch to DS. I don't like it.

Anyway, if you have some helpful advice I am all ears.

thanks,
Sandman

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,395
    edited December 1969

You need both the Poser Companion Files and the DSON core files for Genesis Starter Essentials - did you install them, or only the Poser Companion Files?

• dobbsplacedobbsplace Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

dson importer for poser and genesis starter essentials both downloaded and installed
    both reinstalled to the poser main folder, the other extra undead fiend (2 files and a morph file) was installed in the c:\users\*me*\genesis folder

Post edited by dobbsplace on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,395
    edited December 1969

So you installed three things - the DSON Importer plugin (goes to Poser application folder), Genesis Starter essentials core and Genesis Starter Essentials Poser CF (both go to your Poser content folder, which should not be in the application folder if you are using Windows Vista or later)? And the Undead Fiend you again installed both the DSON Core and PoserCF files, to your Poser content folder?

edited December 1969

Five Things and missing one...

DSON Importer plugin (goes to Poser application folder) = Yes, DSON_Importer_for_Poser_1.1.0.18_Win32.exe to the poser main
    Genesis Starter Essentials Core ??? I don't see this one...checking.
    Genesis Starter Essentials Poser = Yes, CFGenesisStarterEssentialsPoserCR_1.13_dpc.exe to the external folder area (Win 7)
    DAZMonstrocities UndeadFiend_1.0_trx.ese - Yes, external folder
    DAZMonstrocities UndeadFiendPoserCF_1.0dpc.exe - Yes, external folder

edited December 1969

This Genesis Starter Essentials Core, where can it be found? I am searching for it and it seems elusive.

edited December 1969

OMG! found it. That was a totally confusing process. Thanks for helping me out Richard! You duh man! What threw me was all of the different files between not only Mac and PC, but the files between DS and Poser. There is no clear cut way to figure out which ones you need to run. The other thing was going into the Scripts and telling it which folder that you set your writable folder too. Yikes. DAZ clean that up.