solved-change pivot orientation

BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
edited February 2018 in New Users

Using the joint editor tool I've moved the green and red points to the center of a pipe type object, running from the one end to the other. (The pipe lies at an odd angle, not along the x,y,z axis) The problem now is when I select the universal tool to rotate the object, say to flip it towards you like a throwing knife, the orientation is off, as you can see in the image below. I know how to set the pivot point, but how do you set the orientation? In this particular instance I want the z or blue axis to face not quite up, but say at a 85 degree angle, instead of the current 45 degrees

ORIENTATION.jpg
301 x 304 - 46K
Post edited by BradCarsten on

Comments

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited February 2018

Okay after clicking around for a long time I finally figured it out- you have to open window>panes> tool settings and from there you can adjust the orientation. tip - make use of rotation order. 

Post edited by BradCarsten on
  • Sorry, I had a reply typed ready to post then found that my router was rebooting (again, it's been doing it daily since Wednesday) and forgot to come back and post. Yes, that is the soloution

• Sorry, I had a reply typed ready to post then found that my router was rebooting (again, it's been doing it daily since Wednesday) and forgot to come back and post. Yes, that is the soloution

Thanks anyway. I appreciate the help.