Render time expectations in Animate 2

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
edited February 2018 in New Users

There are some G8 Aniblocks I'm interested in buying but having never worked with Animate2 before, I'm a little apprehensive. I found a tutorial that explains how to apply an aniblock and I'm sure the rest of the effort will be poking around/trial and error. My big question, how long does it take to render an animation of say 5sec when you have a GTX 960 4GB GPU? Days? I know it's not the fastest car on the block. There will be a bare minimum of objects in the scene. Most likely just the charachter, clothing and hair.  Also, what file format does that save in? Ideally I'd like to put the animation on the header page of a website. Not sure if that's possible. If there are any animation veterans out there that might have a moment to respond, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thank you!

Post edited by DDCreate on

Comments

• How long does a single render take at the size you want? As a rough guide multiply that by 150 (five seconds at 30 frames per second).

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
    edited February 2018

Hmmm...okay so you mean if I were to load a character, put some clothes and hair on it, pose and render. Just a stark empty scene behind. And say that takes about 4mins(240 seconds) to fully render.

240secs x 150= 36,000sec (600mins/10hrs) Is that what you meant? Thats a lot of time but I know that's kind of the way animation goes. Just want to make sure I have the formula right. And I know it's an estimate.

Oh! And what if I were to use a GF8 Aniblock with a G3F? Would my computer explode or would it be like anything else, "adjutment needed" 90% of my characters are G3. Sorry, I'm just trying to figure out at much as I can before I plop down money.

Post edited by DDCreate on
  • Yes, that's how I would get an estimate.

Using an AniBlock on the wrong figure won't cuase any explosions, but it may not look good (for example, the arms will probably be up in the iar on the Genesis 3 since the Genesis 8 arms start out lower).

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Ahh, good tip. Both of them. Thanks Richard. I'm going to do a quick render test now and see what I'm looking at as far as time. I did some timing on the various aniblocks adn they are about 2-3 seconds a piece. So I don't think it'll be too bad. I wish GPU's weren't so expensive now. But one day...