Did they ever fix this...?

Or does someone know a workaround?

What I'm referring to is backwards compatibility. When 2.5.1 came out, my old Hex files wouldn't open. For a while I could open them with an older copy of Hex and export as obj, but that meant losing the working files. Now, the older version is no longer supported and won't run on my Mac. Is there another way to get at these models?

Comments

• adzanadzan Posts: 268

Hi.

I'm not sure if there is a difference in Hexagon file types between Mac and Windows but I'm still able to open most of my older Hexagon files from 2005 into the Hexagon 2.5.2.109 version on Windows.

The files that I can't open just by mouse cliking on them usually just crash Hexagon as it's starting. With these stuborn files I find that I can either just drag and drop the file onto Hexagons view window - or use the import command from the toolbar - File>Import and the file will then open

• ShawnDriscollShawnDriscoll Posts: 375
    edited February 2018

I've never trusted Windows Hexagon to open HXN files by double-clicking on them. Never. Half the time, the objects will be corrupted once Hexagon is finished starting. I always start Hexagon first, and then use File/Open to open an HXN file. I almost never have issues opening my 1.2 files in 2.5 under Windows. The same goes for many apps I use that do their file loading concurrently.

Post edited by ShawnDriscoll on