Daz Install Manager items not showing as installed.

I had to install everything from DazStudio on a new computer. I started with Daz Install Manager. I installed everything that DIM had to offer me, but when I'm in the Contents Libary products in Studio I still find a lot of items not installed. How do I get the two seeing eye to eye again?

This isn't the Smart Content tab. I also tried reimporting the metadata and a couple of other things. I've been days at putting everything back together.

Also, because of this I cannot Auto-Fit warbrobe items between figures to the usual full extent. "What figure was the item originally designed for?" is a shorter list now. What is the name(s) of the product that does that? For instance I can't put G2 items on Genesis.

Comments

• That sounds as if you may not have DS set to use the folder DIM is isntalling to as a Content Directory. Have you changed the default locations?

• Yes, I have to. C:\ is small and meant only for Windows not nearly 1 TB of Daz files.

That said, initially it saw the DIM files, but at some point stopped seeing them. I added all of the folders to the list in the Content Directory Manager. I just changed the drive letter for each path.

dazCDM.jpg
    757 x 568 - 267K
  • And did DIM install to one of those folders?

By the way, all those sub-folders of the My Daz 3d Library in Poser Formats are a bad ideas, they are likely to cause issues with saved scenes. You should not have both a folder and oen or more of its sub-folders set as a content directory.

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449

Remove the  .../Content  .../Poser  .../Presets  .../Runtime/Weblinks/Affinty  path as they are nested libraries and won't work.  What exactly is the install path in DIM?

• My DIM installation folder is "D:\Users\public\documents\My DAZ 3D Library". I added it to the DazStudio Formats list. I trimmed some of the others the way I thought was suggested. Now I have the new folders as attached.

I did a couple of things to try and get the items scenes. Stopped and started CMS. Re-imported Metadata. I think something else but with all the setting flipping I'm not sure. I think reimporting did it. There are some broken duplicates but I can handle that.

My Auto-Fits are back, though I still don't know what they are called to prioritize their install the next time I have to rebuild. Any idea?

I'm grateful for the help thus far.

I'd really like to streamline things further. Suggestions? Can I merge the "public" and "bobma" My DAZ 3D Library folders? Is there a way to tell what is needed for the Poser format folders? Things are even more confusing in the backend because I wanted to hang onto some old products and couple from other places than Daz3D.

dazCDM2.jpg
    758 x 566 - 219K
  • The Genesis 2 to Genesis products are

https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-female-clone-for-genesis
    https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-2-male-clone-for-genesis

Yes, you can merge content directories. You can also merge the Poser form,ats folders, where they are different.

• Thanks Richard, and everyone else. Slowly I'm getting re-installing to be less painful.

I'm keeping loads of the DIM installs to cut down on downloading. That takes up some space for sure.