Millenium Dragon LE (semi-solved)

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited June 2013 in New Users

After upgrading Daz to 4.6 I've noticed my Millenium Dragon LE figure is completely messed up. Has anyone else discovered this?

Post edited by ghastlycomic on

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Messed up in what way?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If you have it installed in a OLD mapped folder and installed from the New Content I can see that being a possible issue. Do you have it installed as both NEW smart content and OLD poser format only? If not, I'm sorry as this only applies to that one possible issue.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    If you have it installed in a OLD mapped folder and installed from the New Content I can see that being a possible issue. Do you have it installed as both NEW smart content and OLD poser format only? If not, I'm sorry as this only applies to that one possible issue.

I don't know I didn't change anything when I upgraded to 4.6 This is the error message and result I get now.

As you can see it has quite shocked the Genesis figure.

The Millenium SubDragon LE doesn't show up in my Daz Install Manager either.

dragon_gone_2.jpg
    522 x 524 - 35K
    dragon_gone_1.jpg
    707 x 403 - 43K
    edited June 2013

Okay I found the dragon. There's an icon for him in my Figures menu which doesn't work. But there's another icon for him in my Animals menu which does.

How weird is that?

Woohoo, and turning off the body parts and parenting it to the chest of a Genesis figure had the results I was hoping for! DRAGON WINGED PERSON!!!!

dragon_wings.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 163K
    Post edited by ghastlycomic on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Ah, the SubDragon, that's different. Were you upgrading from 4.0 to 4.6? Did you buy it separately, or is this the one that came with DS4?

edited December 1969

It was whatever Dragon came included in Daz 4.5 bundle.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited June 2013

I'm going to assume you didn't reinstall Genesis Starter Essentials as the dragon is now a DUF file and yours is looking for DSF. Once it's installed, it'll be in Daz Studio Format > My Library (or whatever library you put it to) > Animals > Millennium Subdragon.

I don't remember what comes with the LE version included in DS (I bought the MilDragon2 at one point), but you may or may not have extra items in the Poser format Figures, Pose, and Props folders.

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

That must be the problem then because the new dragon is showing up in the animal folder but for some reason the old dragon's icon is still in the figures folder.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AH!! Yes, you should have Uninstalled the OLD Genesis Starters, Updated your Metadata and then Installed the Updated Content.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

That must be the problem then because the new dragon is showing up in the animal folder but for some reason the old dragon's icon is still in the figures folder.

Is the dragon under Figures specifically stated as a subdragon? Daz has 3+ dragons that I know of. MilDragon1, MilDragon2 (the Eastern Dragon also relies on this), and the Subdragon. The one in your Figures could be MilDragon1.

http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-dragon
    http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-dragon-2-0
    http://www.daz3d.com/millennium-subdragon