More content

Hi,

I almost own the best part of Daz3D Shop and Renderosity Marketplace and I'm still looking for more content.

Where can I purchase new content ?

Comments

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

You have purchased over 20,000 products in  the last six months? Maybe you should consider taking a break from buying and try using them in renders instead.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,559
    edited February 2018

@Zylox Only 1,500 products are really interesting for me.

I have got a lot of ideas but a lot of content is still missing.

About rendering, I need a new computer, it's planned for 2019. Right now I can't do what I want.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Personally, I'd like to see new content come in the form of updates to older items. Such as updated textures to old sets, figure morphs updated to the latest gen, clothing updated to fit the new gen naturally (not using "fit to" or generation stepping to get them to the newest gen), poses redone for the new gen, etc.

Of course sold as new products/add-ons

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I would like fits for old items too. My conversion attempts even with the great tutorials don’t work so well. They could be sold as an expansion.

As far as stores go there aren’t too many. Most are poser orientated and selling older items which will need to be altered to fit current generations, Short of the one mature store which I don’t go to, There is cgbytes, content paradise, and a few smaller shops ran by the owners. 

As far as stores go there aren’t too many. Most are poser orientated and selling older items which will need to be altered to fit current generations, Short of the one mature store which I don’t go to, There is cgbytes, content paradise, and a few smaller shops ran by the owners. 

Thank you ! I should find some new items.

If you haven’t tried Dzheng his clothing fits pretty well the ones from Genesis in current generations.  There are items I like at both cgbytes and content paradise. I have gotten good at transferring poses from earlier generations.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited February 2018

I just bought the Hockey Pro Bundle today and own oodles of old content. Most of it is still usuable on Genesis 8 without even buying new products - You just fit M4 to Genesis 1, fit Genesis 1 to Genesis 2 Male, fit Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 3 Male, and finally fit Genesis 3 male to Genesis 8 Male and save each clothing item as a wearable preset.

What I would like to see if all this older clothing repaired and updated to work with Genesis 8 and be repaired in such a way to work with dForce properly and appropriately. Then DAZ 3D could have like an 'upgrade' price, sort of like the interactive license price, as an add on to the original product.

Although the Hockey Pro Bundle is a PA product so the PA would have to do that work independantly and hope to recoup costs of that endeavor.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

If you haven’t tried Dzheng his clothing fits pretty well the ones from Genesis in current generations.  There are items I like at both cgbytes and content paradise. I have gotten good at transferring poses from earlier generations.

I already own his content from Renderosity

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    NoahLGP said:

Hi,

I almost own the best part of Daz3D Shop and Renderosity Marketplace and I'm still looking for more content.

Where can I purchase new content ?

might be time to start learning a modeling app to start making your own content. Makes it a little easier to create what you envision when you can't find what you want.

edited February 2018

might be time to start learning a modeling app to start making your own content. Makes it a little easier to create what you envision when you can't find what you want.

Always the same song : "if you want something, do it by yourself".

But not everybody is skilled to do such thing. I prefer to reward talented creators.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604
    NoahLGP said:

Always the same song : "if you want something, do it by yourself".

But not everybody is skilled to do such thing. I prefer to reward talented creators.

Wasn't meant to be the same old song, it was a suggestion since you seem to be needing more content than there is avaliable. Every person that does modeling starting out not knowing how and many here that are into modeling are so because what they needed was usually never created. This is a very small, niche marketplace in the whole 3D world. DS has proprietary rigging and tech developed just for DS. If you had access to a pro modeling app like Max, Maya, Modo, C4D, etc, it would open up all kinds of new techniques and options in 3D

edited February 2018

Wasn't meant to be the same old song, it was a suggestion since you seem to be needing more content than there is avaliable. Every person that does modeling starting out not knowing how and many here that are into modeling are so because what they needed was usually never created. This is a very small, niche marketplace in the whole 3D world. DS has proprietary rigging and tech developed just for DS. If you had access to a pro modeling app like Max, Maya, Modo, C4D, etc, it would open up all kinds of new techniques and options in 3D

In fact, I already tried to create content for The Sims 3 with Milkshape3D but it wasn't satisfying I wasn't able to obtain the quality level I want.

edited February 2018

Note:

Daz3D Shop provide new content every days, my library will keep on growing.

Just I wanted to know if there were other places where I could find new content.

edited February 2018

I’ll let you know if I find any.. there is also gumroad where uzilite publishes his content.

Post edited by Serene Night on

I’ll let you know if I find any.. there is also gumroad where uzilite publishes his content.

Nice, thank you very much ;) !

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    NoahLGP said:

Note:

Daz3D Shop provide new content every days, my library will keep on growing.

Just I wanted to know if there were other places where I could find new content.

HiveWire3D, PoserWorld, Mankahoo.

• NoahLGP said:

@Zylox Only 1,500 products are really interesting for me.

I have got a lot of ideas but a lot of content is still missing.

What areas are you interested in?  Contemporary? Sci-Fi? Historical? (which era?) / Clothing? Characters? Sets? (what kind?)

It'd help to point you to some specific places (want a cat? -> Hivewire has a good one I believe (don't have it myself) )

• FWIWFWIW Posts: 320

Philosophers Egg and Hivewire have some interesting things.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited February 2018

If you don't mind freebies, the Poser Daz Freebie Wiki has a TON of content: https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Main_Page

Post edited by 3Diva on
    edited February 2018

What areas are you interested in?  Contemporary? Sci-Fi? Historical? (which era?) / Clothing? Characters? Sets? (what kind?)

It'd help to point you to some specific places (want a cat? -> Hivewire has a good one I believe (don't have it myself) )

My interests are :

• Sci-fi (Future and Space travel)
    • Male wearables
    • Tattoos
    • HDRI
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

NoahLGP said:

My interests are :

• Sci-fi (Future and Space travel)
    • Male wearables
    • Tattoos
    • HDRI

Well you probably know of this already but HRDI Haven has lots of free HRDIs

https://hdrihaven.com/

Well you probably know of this already but HRDI Haven has lots of free HRDIs

https://hdrihaven.com/

Very interesting

• I also like Turbosquid for props/things that don't require DAZ figures; look for OBJ, which can be imported to Daz. 

edited March 2018

I found some nice Sci-fi M4 armors at Xurge3D

I also like Turbosquid for props/things that don't require DAZ figures; look for OBJ, which can be imported to Daz. 

Very interesting

edited October 2018

Well, there is something else ? I think I reached the limit of what the shops could offer me.

I visited Daz3D, Renderosity, CGBytes, EvilInnocence, Xurge3D, TurboSquid, DeviantArt, HDRIHaven, ShareCG,  3DExport, and RenderHub

Mod Edit :- to remove a site mention

Post edited by Chohole on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

You missed Hivewire...

edited October 2018

You missed Hivewire...

Done.

Sorry I found nothing interesting for me there.

• RasberriRasberri Posts: 271
    edited October 2018

I found some interesting items on 3dsky.org.  Many items are free there..You can buy a month of free downloads for 9$.  Some of the models are pretty interesting, I have modified a few, and was able to get them to show up in DAZ.  The attached is a quick render of a scene I was playing around with.  The plant wall, lemon tree, and loft style couch are from 3dsky.org.  The texturing is my own. Not a complete render (or finished scene) by any means, but gives you an idea of their content

2018-10-23_22-29-09.jpg
    1649 x 655 - 497K
    Post edited by Rasberri on
    Rasberri said:

I found some interesting items on 3dsky.org.  Many items are free there..You can buy a month of free downloads for 9$.  Some of the models are pretty interesting, I have modified a few, and was able to get them to show up in DAZ.  The attached is a quick render of a scene I was playing around with.  The plant wall, lemon tree, and loft style couch are from 3dsky.org.  The texturing is my own. Not a complete render (or finished scene) by any means, but gives you an idea of their content

Thank you, it's interesting.