Classic yachts of bygone days

This is almost certainly a futile request, but boy, would I love to see yachts like the ones in the attached pics. I'd grab 'em in a New York minute.

A bit of background: J.P. Morgan's Corsair was and is widely regarded as one of the most beautiful steam yachts of all time. Columbia and Shamrock were America's Cup competitors in 1899.

I can wish, can't I?

corsair-i-yacht1.jpg
1024 x 581 - 123K
1280px-Jsj-750-Columbia_Shamrock_1899.jpg
1279 x 998 - 171K

Comments

• FeralFeyFeralFey Posts: 3,897

To be honest, my husband would luv-a-luv-a-luv it if I modeled any one of those. He's such a huge marine vessel nut. So, that being said, I can assure you that these are on my incredibly long "Chrys you need to build this" list. However, that being said, I don't know how soon I can bring these to market before someone else beats me to the punch. I might just put a bug in Mely3D's ear and see if I can get him to do, because I want to build poses for it for sure. (I still have yet to build poses for his sailboat - oh and of course, I'll also make sure that he's aware of the issues that were just recently brought up regarding his the sailboat model, so that this yacht would have poseable sails. wink)

• FeralFey said:

(I still have yet to build poses for his sailboat - oh and of course, I'll also make sure that he's aware of the issues that were just recently brought up regarding his the sailboat model, so that this yacht would have poseable sails. wink)

Thanks, FeralFey, but I've already received a very nice PM from Mely3D about the sailboat. However, if he decides to tackle something along these lines before you do, please don't hesitate to bug him about making the sails poseable. laugh