RiverSoft Art First Anniversary Contest

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
edited April 2018 in Art Studio

April 18th is the anniversary of my first release as a Daz PA!  Yea!  and Thank you! smiley It is hard for me to believe, but it has only been 10 months since I became a true published artist with the release of my "Essential Poses for Centaur 7 Male".  With the generous help of everyone at Daz, the PAs, and the community, I am amazed at how far I have come.  I hope, and believe, that my products are making an impact on the Daz community.  I want to thank each and every one of you for your support and for making this an amazing first year.  In honor of my first year, and as a way to give back to this great community, I thought I would have a contest! 

Rules

Submission thread is here.  Please submit to this thread one image where you have used RiverSoft Art products (Note that you are allowed to change your image later, but there may only be one entry considered for your submission by contest deadline)  The image should be something new made for the contest.  There is no theme, except that the image must have used a RiverSoft Are product (including those with SF-Design like the Skin Doctor series or other collaborators) in it or to help make it (please follow forum guidelines).  Since a lot of my products are scripts, please include a description about how the product(s) was used and why you think the products made such a difference or such an impact on your image. Submissions will be judged on the image and the text.  If you tell a strong tale about how RiverSoft Art products helped you, even behind the scenes, you could win (Note that this means that if you used pose presets created by using Assembly Line, for example, that is a valid submission, though the text becomes much more important to your submission).  Anyone may enter.  One submission per person.  PAs may enter for the PA Category only.

Due Date

Your image and text must be submitted by April 15, 2018, Midnight US Eastern Time.  I will judge the submissions for first and second place.  On April 16th, a survey will be posted for a "People's Choice Vote," where the community can vote on the best submission for a special "People's Choice Award".  Winners will be announced April 18th.

Prizes

• First Place Winner (Judged by RiverSoft Art) - Winner's choice of 2 RiverSoft Art products (where RiverSoft Art is the sole creator of the product).  No PA entries considered.
  • Second Place Winner (Judged by RiverSoft Art) - Winner's choice of 1 RiverSoft Art product (where RiverSoft Art is the sole creator of the product).  No PA entries considered.
  • Peoples Choice Winner - Winner's choice of 1 RiverSoft Art product (where RiverSoft Art is the sole creator of the product).  No PA entries considered.
  • PA Winner (Judged by RiverSoft Art) - Winner's choice of 1 RiverSoft Art product (where RiverSoft Art is the sole creator of the product).  PAs only.

I am hoping everyone thinks that this will be fun!  I know I am looking forward to what everyone has been creating!  smiley  Thank you again for an amazing year!

RiverSoft Art 

Note: In case there was any question, you retain all rights to your images.  I would like to have the right to quote you from your text if I may smiley

RiverSoft Art.png
50 x 50 - 7K
Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

Oh, this is exciting! Just one question about the rules: Does the image have to be new, created just for the contest? I think it would be a good idea to specify in the OP, either way.

Nice deadline, by the way... I may have to file an extension on my tax return...! wink (No worries. I'll probably have to file an extension regardless. Again. lol)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Oh this will be fun!  And a good excuse for me to make the time to render something for myself.  Although I have to say that your eye control is used in 99.9% of every render I do with things that have eyes lol.

• L'Adair said:

Oh, this is exciting! Just one question about the rules: Does the image have to be new, created just for the contest? I think it would be a good idea to specify in the OP, either way.

Nice deadline, by the way... I may have to file an extension on my tax return...! wink (No worries. I'll probably have to file an extension regardless. Again. lol)

Ack!  Decisions!  (Maybe I am going to struggle as a judge smiley).  Let's make it new images, so that people have to think about how they are using RiverSoft Art products.   BTW, the images can use products I have made with SF-Design, such as the Skin Doctor series.  The prizes just have to be solely from RiverSoft Art.  I will add this to the rules.

I am glad you like the idea.  Sorry about the deadline.  Last year, it worked out for me.  I stopped having to worry about my taxes and then had this exciting new product in Daz! smiley

• Oh this will be fun!  And a good excuse for me to make the time to render something for myself.  Although I have to say that your eye control is used in 99.9% of every render I do with things that have eyes lol.

laugh  Yes, I expect there will be some Look at Me entries.  I think those entries might require some creative writing to make them stand out.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I'm tempted to enter, but probably shouldn't. I doubt it would be fair for PAs to enter. lol :) I'll have fun watching the entries come in though. If you need help judging, I'd be happy to help! :)

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,372
    edited February 2018

I'm tempted to enter, but probably shouldn't. I doubt it would be fair for PAs to enter. lol :) I'll have fun watching the entries come in though. If you need help judging, I'd be happy to help! :)

I have no problem with PAs entering.  Especially since PAs may have the best stories about using scripts for better productivity.  Tell you what, I will make a PA category.  Hopefully, there will be enough entries to justify a prize. smiley 

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

I have no problem with PAs entering.  Especially since PAs may have the best stories about using scripts for better productivity.  Tell you what, I will make a PA category.  Hopefully, there will be enough entries to justify a prize. smiley 

I probably shouldn't since I have so much on my plate right now. I'll see if I can fit it in. :) It's really tempting to enter as I'd really love to nab your "Assembly Line" product as I think that would really help me speed up my pose creation. :)

• I'm tempted to enter, but probably shouldn't. I doubt it would be fair for PAs to enter. lol :) I'll have fun watching the entries come in though. If you need help judging, I'd be happy to help! :)

I probably shouldn't since I have so much on my plate right now. I'll see if I can fit it in. :) It's really tempting to enter as I'd really love to nab your "Assembly Line" product as I think that would really help me speed up my pose creation. :)

That could be a problem with getting PA entries, we are very busy.  Though they could easily submit a promo they make in the next couple months that uses RiverSoft Art products.

That could be a problem with getting PA entries, we are very busy.  Though they could easily submit a promo they make in the next couple months that uses RiverSoft Art products.

Oh that's a good idea! You should post about it over in the PA Forum. :)

I think this is a wonderful idea! PAs shouldn't be precluded from entering contests. And having their own category means the rest of us don't have to compete with the professionals. (Or at least, not the professionals from Daz!) OMG! I've got half a chance!
    laugh

• I'm tempted to enter, but probably shouldn't. I doubt it would be fair for PAs to enter. lol :) I'll have fun watching the entries come in though. If you need help judging, I'd be happy to help! :)

Oh that's a good idea! You should post about it over in the PA Forum. :)

L'Adair said:

I think this is a wonderful idea! PAs shouldn't be precluded from entering contests. And having their own category means the rest of us don't have to compete with the professionals. (Or at least, not the professionals from Daz!) OMG! I've got half a chance!
    laugh

Done!  Hopefully, the PAs will like the idea too.  smiley

6 more weeks.  I hope people are planning to submit something! smiley

I hope so too! I want to see what people come up with. Sadly though contests don't seem to do so well around here most of the time. Keep bumping the post though, hopefully that will poke people and remind them. :)

I hope so too! I want to see what people come up with. Sadly though contests don't seem to do so well around here most of the time. Keep bumping the post though, hopefully that will poke people and remind them. :)

I will keep trying.  I had seen the healthy discussions on Esha's contest and thought it might be a good idea surprise

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    I will keep trying.  I had seen the healthy discussions on Esha's contest and thought it might be a good idea surprise

I will be participating. However, I'm still brainstorming what it is that I am going submit for the contest to showcase your awesome scripts.

Trish

I will be participating. However, I'm still brainstorming what it is that I am going submit for the contest to showcase your awesome scripts.

Trish

Great to hear Trish!  I look forward to your submission

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I'm hoping to work something up with the billboards before times up. Never enough time in the day for sure. 

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191

I'm working on a couple of ideas while I learn how to use a couple of these scripts that I have. I've had some interesting poses I wasn't expecting while playing around with the pose scripts. lol

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

I think it is the limitation of ONE image that is holding people back from submitting. Everybody has to be sure it will be their best, so nobody wants to jump the gun. Esha allowed three images,I think, so there was no risk in submitting early. Better work could always be entered later.

barbult said:

I think it is the limitation of ONE image that is holding people back from submitting. Everybody has to be sure it will be their best, so nobody wants to jump the gun. Esha allowed three images,I think, so there was no risk in submitting early. Better work could always be entered later.

This was also true of the It's Raining Men competition, but we were also allowed to change an entry to Not An Entry and replace it with something we thought was better. Also, part of this contest, we need to write up a description of how we used the product(s) and why we think it/they made a difference or impact with the image. Even if people have images to submit already, they may still be working on blurb to go with it.

I suspect you're going to see a flurry of images submitted toward the end of the contest, with only one entry possible. I want to win something, too, and so I'm not going to enter the first image that qualifies. I'm going to enter the best of the images that qualify.

Add the ability to change an entry to NAE and submit a different image, and I think you'll see more images earlier in the timeframe. If people know they are not "locked in" to the image they submit, they will be more willing to submit something now.

Just a thought.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Well one reason I can not enter is because I only have one thing from you the billboard elves. 

edited March 2018

Well one reason I can not enter is because I only have one thing from you the billboard elves. 

I don't see any reason why you can't do a Christmas themed render. You could get a jump on your 2018 Christmas cards!
    wink

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • RainRain Posts: 335

I also use many of your products in all my renders, so thank you for that, but I never enter contests......maybe this time ;-)

spuffy said:

I also use many of your products in all my renders, so thank you for that, but I never enter contests......maybe this time ;-)

I enter contests a lot. They give me the motivation to try new things. I don't think I've ever entered a contest for 3D art that I didn't learn something new. For me, that's the substance, and if I win something, that's just "the cherry on top." And this contest has some really nice cherries!

Anyway, I reallly hope you'll enter. yes

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    Nothing to be lost by entering. Go for it!
    barbult said:

L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

This was also true of the It's Raining Men competition, but we were also allowed to change an entry to Not An Entry and replace it with something we thought was better. Also, part of this contest, we need to write up a description of how we used the product(s) and why we think it/they made a difference or impact with the image. Even if people have images to submit already, they may still be working on blurb to go with it.

I suspect you're going to see a flurry of images submitted toward the end of the contest, with only one entry possible. I want to win something, too, and so I'm not going to enter the first image that qualifies. I'm going to enter the best of the images that qualify.

Add the ability to change an entry to NAE and submit a different image, and I think you'll see more images earlier in the timeframe. If people know they are not "locked in" to the image they submit, they will be more willing to submit something now.

Just a thought.

It never occurred to me that people would think you couldn't change your entry later.  Yes, you can submit now and change your entry later.  One FINAL entry per person smiley  I will update the rules.

I'm hoping to work something up with the billboards before times up. Never enough time in the day for sure. 

I look forward to it!  I certainly understand that it is a struggle to find time. 

Reminds me of lyrics from a favorite group of mine, Ashbury Heights:

"Another hour's past
    They never seem to last
    Another day goes by
    No matter how I try"

I'm working on a couple of ideas while I learn how to use a couple of these scripts that I have. I've had some interesting poses I wasn't expecting while playing around with the pose scripts. lol

I look forward to your submission!  I love serendipity.  Often I will start a pose and end up with a completely different pose because I was inspired by an unexpected combination of poses (using Pose Blender) 

L'Adair said:

I don't see any reason why you can't do a Christmas themed render. You could get a jump on your 2018 Christmas cards!
    wink

Please!  If all you have from me are the elves, that is enough!  As L'Adair wrote, if the billboard elves help you make better Xmas cards, that is enough!  smiley

spuffy said:

Thank you for your support.  Please enter if you wish!