Welcome to Willits - Josh Crockett creation?

3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Is it just me or does the creature in the Welcome to Willits promos look a lot like a Josh Crockett creation? :)

Coincidence? Probably? But it wouldn't shock me if it ended up being a modified version of one of his creations. :)

Interestingly enough, the creature on the promo images looks (from what I've seen from screenshots of the movie) nearly nothing like the creature in the actual movie. lol​

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

looks like a preying mantis

• Blind OwlBlind Owl Posts: 501
    edited February 2018

Sorry, nonesuch00, I can't help myself & thought you might like to know: that's 'praying mantis,' so named for the shape of its front legs (or whatever entomologists call the first pair of legs). angel

Post edited by Blind Owl on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Blind Owl said:

Sorry, nonesuch00, I can't help myself & thought you might like to know: that's 'praying mantis,' so named for the shape of its front legs (or whatever entomologists call the first pair of legs). angel

That might be, but I was thinking more of it's behavior.

• Josh does concept art for film and TV so maybe! I'm sure he'll pop in and let you know. :) 

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Saiyaness said:

Josh does concept art for film and TV so maybe! I'm sure he'll pop in and let you know. :) 

Oh wow! That sounds like a really cool job! :D

• Saiyaness said:

Josh does concept art for film and TV so maybe! I'm sure he'll pop in and let you know. :) 

Yep I worked on that

Here's some of the art I did for it

32.jpg
    731 x 1167 - 380K
    33.jpg
    484 x 778 - 99K
    35.jpg
    890 x 1167 - 314K
    38.jpg
    853 x 1030 - 290K
  • Saiyaness said:

Yep I worked on that

worm color 4.jpg
    589 x 762 - 168K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    Saiyaness said:

Yep I worked on that

Oh cool! It WAS one of your creations!? Awesome! Concept art for movies and tv shows sounds like a really interesting job. :) It must be a big thrill to see your creations on the big screen!

• he's worked in a few movies btw @Josh Crockett is that the one you were working on recently?

• you guys should check out his website http://monsterfaces.net

• Saiyaness said:

Yep I worked on that

an horror snail? daz customer fans need it

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750
    Blind Owl said:

That might be, but I was thinking more of it's behavior.

Well, when the praying mantis is preying on some prey, it looks as if it's praying.

• Thanks guys. I worked on that a couple years back. It never made it's way to my IMDB yet, along with a bunch of other stuff.

Hard to keep track of it all.

I haven't seen the Willits movie, but I think the worm creature busting out of the arm eventually grows into the big alien guy

• I have no idea who did the box art by the way. Someone from the crew obviously took some of my art and comped that thing together.