Question about hair and clothing creation

I keep running into the problem that I just cannot find the hair or clothing I need, or I find something close to it but it just doesn't quite work.  So, I was wondering - what programs would be reccommended for creating hair and clothing?  Most of the modeling programs I have seen are focused on making the figures - but there muse be programs for creating hair and clothing?

Comments

• At the end of the day clothes and hair are polygons so any modeler that can export obj can end up as clothing or hair.  Examples of some tools people use for hair and clothes are Hexagon, Carrara, Blender, Silo, Modo, 3D Studio Max, Maya, Zbrush, 3D Coat....

One tool designed specifically for modeling clothes is Marvelous Designer which is used by some PAs here.  It is not a typical polygon modeling tool and instead simulates what tailor would do in real life with making a garment from a pattern.

ZBrush has a feature for modeling hair that is called Fibermesh.  Maya and 3D Studio Max have hair plugins as well that simulate hair and have options for baking the simulated hair to polygon strips that could be imported into DAZ Studio (but this is quite expensive and complex).