Resource Error

I just installed Daz Studio 4.10 Pro and upon launching it I get this Resource Error " A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established. Several DAZ Studip features that require a valid PostfreSQL CMS connection, such as context aware content views and loadign content installed using the Daz Connect service, will not be avilable. Check your network, anti-virus, and firewall settings for contflicts.

Comments

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

I assume you have installed PostGreSQL? Then try to reboot, that may fix it sometimes.

• digitelldigitell Posts: 558

What is PostGreSQL? Where do I go to get it? Thank you for your help!

• It should be an option in DIM, assuming you are installing with DIM

I did a reset on my computer which kept all my files but took out my Apps. I did a reinstall of the DIM and installed DS 4.10 via DIM.

I have never run into this problem before so could someone please tell me where to look for this PostGreSQL? I have no clue where it is or how to install it.

Many thanks for your help!

OK I did a search in DIM for the PostGreSQL and it showed it had been installed. Obviously it was not so I uninstalled it then reinstalled it..launched DS and then I was asked to connect my account with DS. So I guess now it is OK.

Now I need to figure out how to get my content back into DS as I had before....oh bother..this will take some time. Dont you just love technology!!

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,075

@digitell "Now I need to figure out how to get my content back into DS as I had before."

Your content should still be wherever you had it. Uninstalling Studio doesn't remove content. Just ermber to set the content path in the Content Management System within Studio, and also verify download/install paths in DIM if you use it.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,311

Remember that some products should be reinstalled even after you have repointed the newly installed DAZ at your content libraries. These are typically plug-ins (for example Generation X) that place some files in the DS installation area. Note that 99% of your products will not need to be reinstalled.

Thank you all for your help. I can find my content now after doing the meta data thing.

It is not as neat as it was with my previous set up, but it will have to do for now.

Many thanks for all your help! :)

• Hi, I have Daz studio 4.10, but pretty much Everytime I try to get it launched, it shows connectsling to CMS and then after a few more seconds it moves to upgrading CMS, then it remains like that, I am not sure if anyone else encounters this issue, it's frustrating because I can't get any work done
  • I was having the same problem. Uninstalling and Reinstalling PostGreSQL helped. Glad I found this post. Thanks.