How do I get the look of wet concrete?

FFUmmlerFFUmmler Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi there folks,

hope someone outthere can help me. I'm relatively new in 3D Art, but from day to day i'm getting more fascinated by the posibillities you have to turn your ideas into art. But quite often my workflow is interrupted by technical problems, like now:

I started to build an dark moody, rainy scene with Stonemason's Walled city, the rain from FMs Prison yard and some neon lights. In the next step i'd like to make the ground to look wet, but i cant't really figure out how. I've played with the reflection/refraction/glossiness parameters, but nothing gave me the result i need. I't would be great if you could help me.

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited June 2013

Reflection and Glossiness (specular in other words) is the right move. I wouldn't use refraction as you haven't actually got water there. ;)

Here is a good resource for learning about the Surfaces Pane which might help you out http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm

As you can see in the tutorial 0% glossiness is full spread of the gloss which is counter intuative.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

PS welcome to the forums.

• FFUmmlerFFUmmler Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the Tutorial, man! Helped a lot!

Greetings, ScumDivision

edited December 1969

Great news.