Tutu

RakudaRakuda Posts: 931
edited February 2018 in Product Suggestions

I wanted to turn this into a Product Suggestion post as well as a post in my Art thread.

I really would like if somebody would make a similar tutu that was actually made to fit a Daz figure. It would morph and conform a lot better especially dynamically and with motion. Plus, better material application...

And, yes, it is a vastly different sort of tutu than those currently available anywhere on the Daz Store to my knowlege.

I took the tutu from this figure.

Then I deleted the unwanted bits and added it to my figure below.

Post edited by Rakuda on

Comments

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,114
    The closest thing that comes to mind is this for V4. https://www.daz3d.com/fire-dancer-for-victoria-4
  • RakudaRakuda Posts: 931

@MimicMolly That is interesting in it's own right. vut it just doesn't have that same ruffly quality and I think if I got it to deform with dForce, it wouldn't behave the same way. I'll have to keep playing. It may involve doing something with actual ruffles and simulating them in lesser or reverse gravity settings.

^__^

• This work?

tutu.png
    400 x 596 - 100K
    edited February 2018

@agentunawares

Wow! That is really super cool! You made? Going to check out your Patreon page.

PS - Havent figured out how to @ reply to two word names. Haha!

Post edited by Rakuda on
  • @Rakuda I don't know how to do it either.

Yes, I made it in MD. If you want it I will rig it for DS.

edited February 2018

That would be great. Patreon is giving me trouble registering. Ugh! Have to try again later .

Your tabards are pretty cool too over on Deviantart!

I have to finish up a flap skirt that I am working on. Spent a bit of time oobsessing on the chain-mail which isn't easy to get right.

Update: Got into Patreon! Following...

:)

Post edited by Rakuda on
  • Rakuda said:

@agent unawares

Combining the two word name is how, according moderator comments I've seen.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited February 2018
    Rakuda said:

@agent unawares

Combining the two word name is how, according moderator comments I've seen.

That's how it works on StackExchange, so seems likely. @daywalkerdesigns ?

@Rakuda, thanks! I'm secretly fond of those too. Hope you have luck on the chain-mail, I'm always impressed by anyone who can model that into clothing.

Post edited by agent unawares on

Looking forward to trying out the tutu when you get it done. Or, shall I say... my model is ready to try it on... ha!

• Rakuda said:

Looking forward to trying out the tutu when you get it done. Or, shall I say... my model is ready to try it on... ha!

I was remarkably unhappy with the way this played with dForce so I had to make a bunch of changes to the model before I was happy with it. I'm trying to rig a usable conforming version too but I've been sick the past few days. Hoping to have them finished over the weekend.

Layered skirts are a nightmare for dForce apparently (probably worse with all the folds). Most cloth simulators handle this stuff fine. dForce blows up. You have to use super-flexible material to get it to even think about not self-destructing itself. I think next time I'll try this I'll use several completely different conformers one under the other and start the fabric out almost flat, see if I can get it to move itself into a position DS will actually be happy with.

What I have right now pretty reliably manages 30 frames at least.

Ruffle Tutu dForce preview.png
    800 x 1200 - 1M
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited February 2018

Agent Unawares, what about a single layered skirt, which can be dFormed, then you add a geoshell to the newly dFormed cloth, to get a neat, two-layer skirt? I haven't tried it myself, as the idea just came to me as I read your post.

Edit: Here's a quick and dirty example :-

(ps: I'm pretty sure you can add more geoshells, too.)

AGeoshellSkirt.png
    1690 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Agent Unawares, what about a single layered skirt, which can be dFormed, then you add a geoshell to the newly dFormed cloth, to get a neat, two-layer skirt? I haven't tried it myself, as the idea just came to me as I read your post.

Edit: Here's a quick and dirty example :-

(ps: I'm pretty sure you can add more geoshells, too.)

You can do this, and it works, but then you can't have a bunch of fabric with folds independent of each other creating bulk, they all line up. So it would work nicely for a pancake tutu but not so much for this kind.

I had a breakthrough with setting up the geometry differently at the start though. I think this will work pretty darn well in most cases.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

yes​ Good luck with your wonderful experiments, which add a lot to the general knowledge base for dForce!

edited February 2018

What a challenge. Get well. Health before anything else! :) Definitely a test of dForce capabilities. I tend to think something with negative gravity would likely work best to keep fluffy. I may try to play with the concept some more too.

-Brian

Post edited by Rakuda on
  • Rakuda said:

What a challenge. Get well. Health before anything else! :) Definitely a test of dForce capabilities. I tend to think something with negative gravity would likely work best to keep fluffy. I may try to play with the concept some more too.

-Brian

If you try negative gravity on the tutu let me know how it works out, it sounds like a really interesting idea.

edited March 2018

@agentunawares Here are some renders with modest  movement using your tutu. I am doing another set with more wild movement. I notice some crossing of  the layers in the simulation on the wilder movement poses. I wonder if turning self-collision on will prevent this, or cause explosions.

Glad you are feeling better. what a winter!

Post edited by Rakuda on