Sorry if this is a stupid question...but why do you need to know my home address & zip code for a fr

ravenfrostravenfrost Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm wanting to download the free DAZ 3D software, & I was just wondering why you still need to know my address & zip code if you're not going to be delivering the software to my house? It seems weird to me.

Comments

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

I'm wanting to download the free DAZ 3D software, & I was just wondering why you still need to know my address & zip code if you're not going to be delivering the software to my house? It seems weird to me.

Actually, or technically, they don't. However the purpose [which exists on many store websites] is for providing a checkpoint for credit card purchases. Another purpose 'used to be' was because one used to be able to purchase a backup DVD of one's order.

You can go into your account and edit various details as you please when you need to. [normally anyway]

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

The information is only for IF you wish to become a Purchaser from the site in the future and is only stored on the DAZ 3D site. It is not shared nor used for any other purpose. I have used DAZ 3D for many years and only got free items for my first year without any issue what so ever. I hope this helps you. Many sites Free and pay now ask for full information at registration to download content.

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

yup ... 'postal code' for Santa Claus is "H0H 0H0"