Liquidwarehouse: Renders and WIPs

This is a scene I've been dipping in and out of for a while now, so many tweaks and retweaks, hopefully it's done now :)

BLINK: Under Attack

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Well a very good render indeed I only have one or two suggestions for the render, first off I think the lazer light gun should have a bit bigger muzzle flash to it and second off her right foot is a bit off (Is she a ballerina?) because she is on her tippy toes. Was that on purpose? 

• LiquidWarehouseLiquidWarehouse Posts: 128
    edited February 2018

Well a very good render indeed I only have one or two suggestions for the render, first off I think the lazer light gun should have a bit bigger muzzle flash to it and second off her right foot is a bit off (Is she a ballerina?) because she is on her tippy toes. Was that on purpose? 

Thank you :-) Its kind of a running jump to the side, 0leaping out of the way of the bullets. As for the laser visibility of the beam would be affected by environment and angle of view from my observations even what I have here is exaggerated to a degree. I try to be as accurate with effects as I can be with some embellishments for arts sake.
    Post edited by LiquidWarehouse on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Really like the atmosphere, great job on the puddle by her foot.  I tend to agree with Saphire on the muzzle flash even though its not technically accurate, I think it would make a bigger impact if it was bigger and easier to see.  To be honest, I am pretty sure that most of us have no idea what a real muzzle flash is going to look like from a laser gun so you could definitely stretch the believability a bit and still have the kind of scene you are going for.  A lot of good art stretches reality in order to make the image either more dramatic or to make some things easier to see/understand. 

It is a really well put together scene and is beautifully done regardless of whether you choose to make more changes or not.

• Really like the atmosphere, great job on the puddle by her foot.  I tend to agree with Saphire on the muzzle flash even though its not technically accurate, I think it would make a bigger impact if it was bigger and easier to see.  To be honest, I am pretty sure that most of us have no idea what a real muzzle flash is going to look like from a laser gun so you could definitely stretch the believability a bit and still have the kind of scene you are going for.  A lot of good art stretches reality in order to make the image either more dramatic or to make some things easier to see/understand. 

It is a really well put together scene and is beautifully done regardless of whether you choose to make more changes or not.

Thanks, I think I am done with this particular scene but not the character by a long shot. Think I have put about 50 hours plus on and off setting up the scene and probably as many on test renders, my poor GPU.
  • Fairly standard portrait lighting image using Sahel HD. The lighting I set up ages ago and use for various quick character tests. It's two spots plus two bounce boards. Post process is a film profile in PS

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Gorgeous portrait! She looks very real