cheers and Happy Anniversary 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,804

Happy Birthday all you Julyians laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,832

my brothers birthday today yes

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225
    Mystiarra said:

cheers and Happy Anniversary 

Thanks! smiley We had a great one, yet again!!! It's hard to Not have a good time when I'm with my Rosie! heart BFF!!!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sorry August

Happy September birthday​s

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,082

Happy birthday, Seprember, and belated to August.  yes

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

And for my Sept birthday and husband's in October we have been invited to...............

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

participate in the Oxford Vaccine Trials for our 'age group' (70s)

Actually we are looking forward to it. We aren't sure if they will split us-- gving one the vax and one the meningitis jab, or both the same of either as we are in one household. Interesting times! But it's for a good cause and there's only been one person with a 'hiccup' reaction and they have been trialling a while now.

yes  Silene

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234
    SileneUK said:

And for my Sept birthday and husband's in October we have been invited to...............

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

participate in the Oxford Vaccine Trials for our 'age group' (70s)

Actually we are looking forward to it. We aren't sure if they will split us-- gving one the vax and one the meningitis jab, or both the same of either as we are in one household. Interesting times! But it's for a good cause and there's only been one person with a 'hiccup' reaction and they have been trialling a while now.

yes  Silene

Happy Birthday Silene!
    Oh, I hope you and your husband will be safe.
    What is a 'meningitis jab'? Sounds extremely menacing...indecision

• the amoebic meningitis always scared me

grew up having a swimming pool and was told water up my nose could get bacteria in that eats my brain

apparently 50 years later that is still the case and no cure, people get it using neti pots to wash their sinus and if it gets in you are a deadman

Oh, yikes Wendy.
    I'm vaguely aware of Meningitis, not sure if it has variations, but here in the US there was an ad campaign for 'students' to get vaccinated. That's why my eyebrows went up in alert, like, I thought drug trials used the actual drug/vaccination vs. a placebo. I'm out of league here, but seems unfair to use one and / or something completely different?

One can get it from neti pots? Never had to use one but...wow. Isn't that supposd to be near boiling water?

• Oh, yikes Wendy.
    I'm vaguely aware of Meningitis, not sure if it has variations, but here in the US there was an ad campaign for 'students' to get vaccinated. That's why my eyebrows went up in alert, like, I thought drug trials used the actual drug/vaccination vs. a placebo. I'm out of league here, but seems unfair to use one and / or something completely different?

One can get it from neti pots? Never had to use one but...wow. Isn't that supposd to be near boiling water?

that's why you need to boil the water (and obviously let it cool before squirting it up your nose)

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Oh, yikes Wendy.

that's why you need to boil the water (and obviously let it cool before squirting it up your nose)

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/meningitis/causes/

edited September 2020

the vaccine is for meningococcal the flesh eating kind not the brain eating one

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Thank you Chohole and Wendy for info and links...my gawd.
    Meanwhile, I'm going back to that adorable cupcake gif from Misty. smiley

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

Happy Birthday Septembrians

I think! surprise

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

I thought drug trials used the actual drug/vaccination vs. a placebo. I'm out of league here, but seems unfair to use one and / or something completely different?

They have to give a proper control which might cause soreness and such at the stab site, just like with the flu, otherwise a placebo would not bother people who normally get a wee skin reaction.   Yeah, students here were getting menningitis left and right, especially those living in close quarters such as dorms, so there is a lot of that vaccine in stock.

Anyways... we want to have more birthdays (just not to get older) to enjoy the grandkids!!  heart Silene

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Happy October birthday

Happy birthday to all you ROCKTOBRIANS   yes

Stezza said:

Happy birthday to all you ROCKTOBRIANS   yes

I can rock to Brian yesdevil

Brian on the keyboard....

I liked this Brian