No response from DAZ publishing team

Hello!

I've sent pa AT daz3d.com 3 promo pictures, but I don't hear back from them.

On this website it's stated I'd hear from them approximately after 3 days: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/publishing/steps_to_publish/start

I'm not sure if my product is so bad. I've uploaded a promo picture here, I'm not sure if it's allowed to post an image of an item here, so I'll insert a hyperlink only: https://s14.postimg.org/xqfdsscup/bust1.jpg

I've sent my first product on January, 23rd, and the last one February, 12th.

Could anybody advise me on how to go on?

I'm also confused because the above mentioned URL demands different image sizes from publisher as this URL: https://www.daz3d.com/community/community-publishing

One URL demands 650x500 px, the other 1000x1300 px.

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

You should open a support ticket:

https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us

but I've read in the past that it takes months sometimes to get a responce. It's rude but maybe they are innudated with product submissions with a small product evaluation team and haven't yet evaluated your product submissions? If they have, yah or nay to acceptance, well then you should have gotten a response.  

• I am also waiting for a response, but I sent mine in late last week. With next month being one of the big sale months, it may be a bit before they get back to either of us.
  • Thank you!

• Could you please tell me if you think my promo is ok?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited February 2018

To be completly honest I can't see that it would be anything Daz would be interested in, based on just that one image.  It is not a bust, it isn't even head and shoulders,  It looks flat, with just a raised front area,  not a proper bust at all.  and it looks very modern to be titled "Roman"

It also would probably be better if you had made the logo on it to show what program from the Daz 3d stable of programs you used to render it. Daz 3d own, in alphabetical order, Bryce, Carrara, Daz Studio (DS) and Hexagon.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

Is that sculpted by you? Very nice job if so, although it's true I don't quite understand the perspective of this. Does it have depth like a head would?

In any case, the appeal of such a standalone product would probably be next to zero. This could be part of some larger environment maybe. And it doesn't look Roman to me either. Looks more like a Parisian type hat to me? Then again I'm no expert on hats laugh

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

Take the comments offered here as tips to improve your product offering. Chohole is a very experienced forum administrator. bluejaunte is a successful PA already. They speak from experience. Take a look at this thread about great promo images for additional inspiration about how to liven up your promos to attract greater interest.

I'm not a PA, but I've "heard" that Daz may not respond at all if they are not interested. They must get a lot of submissions. I know of some new PAs who had their first few submissions rejected, but finally got accepted. Keep at it.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    barbult said:

Take the comments offered here as tips to improve your product offering. Chohole is a very experienced forum administrator. bluejaunte is a successful PA already. They speak from experience. Take a look at this thread about great promo images for additional inspiration about how to liven up your promos to attract greater interest.

I'm not a PA, but I've "heard" that Daz may not respond at all if they are not interested. They must get a lot of submissions. I know of some new PAs who had their first few submissions rejected, but finally got accepted. Keep at it.

I've also heard this, and yeah, I can imagine they get a LOT of submissions every day and may not respond to some if they aren't interested. 

On a side note - my first two products where rejected, so if you really want to be a PA, keep at it. Look at what's in the Daz store to give a good idea on the types of products they are interested in.

• As already mentioned, it doesn't exactly look like a Roman Bust. Victorian at oldest, and it's not really a bust. If that is the entirety of the product, that could also be an issue. A single, static figure like that isn't really on the scale of a full product. You'd want to have several sculptures or it should be morphing, maybe have a vignette with it... more than just one prop. 

• Yes, it's a model.

Do I need to make it more clear?

bueste2.png
    524 x 678 - 143K
  • I've also posted another one.

I included the model (the wireframe of the bust and the blue lion) to my promo mail to DAZ.

simba1.png
    500 x 650 - 518K
    simba2.png
    562 x 379 - 212K
  • Thank you for the hint of filing a report.

I did get a response, telling me it can currently take up to 1 month until I hear back from the PA guys.

• One thing to keep in mind. You should be looking at the products by PAs to see what and how much makes up a product. Also, note the number and type of promos. The review team bases its decisions on what it sees. If all you did was give them one or two images, it's probably not enough, hence studying other product presentations. As others have said, a single statue is not going to pique interest. 

Many include more than one set of textures and/or shaders. Some include partial to full environments. Take a good look at products similar to yours. Your promos are there to sell your work and what makes it special.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,136

The lion looks interesting.

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 897

This might help you a bit, ForestBoy. Take a look at how this similar product is presented: Classical Morphing Bust HD 

The lighting makes the details stand out and helps make everything look very definitely three dimensional. The simple background makes it clear to the viewer what exactly the product is so they aren't confused about what they'll be getting if they buy it. That's not to say that's the only way to present such a product, but it is one way I've seen people show off props and objects in their promotional artwork.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    barbult said:

The lion looks interesting.

I agree, but as was pointed out earlier that neither product on it's own (and probably not even coupled together) make a "full product". I think that they have a lot of skill and and are headed in the right direction. If they create a handfull of other sculptures it could probably be a nice package to present to Daz. However it will need a good number of really good promo images to go along with them to catch their attention.

My advice to OP is to create a few more sculptures and try and team up with a good promo artist to help make some attention grabbing Promos. Your first product to get your foot in the door has to be really good. Again my first two products (which I think where pretty good) where rejected. So you really need to "wow" them to get your foot in the door, I think. lol

ForestBoy said:

Could you please tell me if you think my promo is ok?

Well if you turned that bust into a 19th century character, G8F prefered as base the character was built on, complete with that hat & clothing I'd buy it from DAZ and it'd be my new favorite G8F character. It's a very interesting look.

As a decorative bust to buy to decorate a set in a render? Most DAZ customers don't have a Hollywood budget.

Promo looks nice except unfortunately your bust looks like it is defying the law of physics. 

• I like the lion. 

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

I like the lion too. I think you'd do very nicely with outdoor statues. I'd probably have at least four to six in one product. Don't give up! 

• Thank you very much, I really appreciate the input very much!

At first, my responses weren't published right away because I'm still new, and then I needed to go on vacation.

Your help is really nice!

I'll add more textures and also look into all the other suggestions.

• I wanted to sell the bust almost for free (or as a freebie? I'm not sure if this is possible) as an advertiser for my future work.

But turning this into a G8 character would be really fun.

A lot of would be PAs do give away some freebies in order to   A) let the community get used to their name    and B) So they can see what you are capable of producing.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560

The store is very backlogged right now. They have auto responses on all my tickets telling me about increased delays. I’ve been waiting weeks for tech support to deal with product issues.... but so far none have been addressed. 

Statues are probably going to be a tough sell on their own. There are already so many statue freebies available to download already. Maybe consider expanding to a fountain or a complete environment.

Giving away Freebies as your first 2 or 3 products will let you learn how to create for DAZ Store & learn how to handle support for your product properly because you're freebies are likely to outsell your paid products.

That is is oh so true. When I first started my freebies, or some of them I could get downloads into 4 figures.  My first commercial product I sold 12. This was at another site, not here.

• Thanks everybody for the heads up.

I think I will first go with adding more statues to the set, and I will also add more textures.

I will be adding this next:

Only one more day until it's finished. :-)

I didn't expect it to be so hard to be accepted.

I'll simply bombard them, I hope they won't be bothered by that.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,316
    edited February 2018
    ForestBoy said:

Thanks everybody for the heads up.

I think I will first go with adding more statues to the set, and I will also add more textures.

I will be adding this next:

Only one more day until it's finished. :-)

I didn't expect it to be so hard to be accepted.

I'll simply bombard them, I hope they won't be bothered by that.

Nice statue. I especially like the non-clean algae stained texture, rather than just using clean ones which aren't so representative of the real world.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Thank you! :-)

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    Chohole said:

A lot of would be PAs do give away some freebies in order to   A) let the community get used to their name    and B) So they can see what you are capable of producing.

And some of us that are still PAs. ;)  Sometimes Daz turns part or all of something down and I feel like people would still like it, and I don't have time to redo all the promos for Renderosity; or sometimes I want something for myself that's too small or weird to make a good store product, and why not share it for the few others that might want it?  Occasionally I just notice a lack of some small thing and offer that free, like two butt morphs or a face preset or whatever.  I definitely did more freebies when I was a new PA, but this being my living has never stopped me doing it altogether.

There are those that feel doing freebies after you're established tarnishes your brand because they're not likely to be as good or be tested as well, to present a differing view.

• The angel one does look good. More like that, maybe about 6 of them(?), would be a nice set. I presonally wouldn't have any use for a bust, but weathered garden statues could be handy.