Licensing Rights

I am not a lawyer. One simple question to be sure I understand.

I am actually creating a website offering free scenario "sandboxes" and short stories for pen & paper roleplaying games.

I would like to show pictures I created myself with DAZ3d on my website as illustation of content, making the text more attractive. The site will not be selling anything, not advertising any commercial rule system (we offer our own rules), not asking for payment. The only possible income would be donations to the project as such.

Of course it would be stated clearly that the pictures are done with DAZ3d  - I shouldn't have any problems with the license as long as I don't "go commercial" selling DAZ3d content, should I?

Thank you for a brief confirmation - if possible DAZ3d staff - I have no desire to cause any trouble.

Best regards

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

The only time you are going to need a license is if you are selling, giving away or otherwise distributing anything which contains any of the original mesh or derivative thereof. This basically means Games which use the original figures.

Anything that you create yourself using Daz Studio and content from the Daz 3d store is yours to do what you wish with it, images, videos and animations.

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited February 2018

You are allowed to sell the images, put them up on a commercial website- you can even include images in the games you sell- for example if you wanted to print out some cards with Daz content printed onto it etc and you don't have to credit them. As Chohole says, you are only not allowed to resell the actuall 3d mesh that you used to create the images with. 

Post edited by BradCarsten on