Reyna Hair for Genesis 3 Female - question

Siciliano1969Siciliano1969 Posts: 430
edited February 2018 in Product Suggestions

Hello,

I am trying to remove the crown spikes from the Reyna hair for Gen 3.  I clicked both of the Reyna 53 and 54 crown spikes off in the products styles and poses that removes some of the spikes.  I also removed some via the surfaces crown, but there are still some left.  I really like the hair, but when I bought it I thought the spikes would be something you add..not something that loads by default that you have to remove.  I am using this for Benita Gen 8 female.

Reyna Hair spikes.JPG
3828 x 2084 - 579K
Post edited by Siciliano1969 on

Comments

• Siciliano1969Siciliano1969 Posts: 430
    edited February 2018

The problem comes when converting over to Gen 8.  Removing the spikes works fine with Gen 3 which is what the hair was intended for.  Not sure how to remove all spikes after the autofit dialog to convert it to Gen 8 female.  It seems Reyna crown 53 off script does not work..its not removing the spikes.  Reyna 54 spikes off works and removes the spikes related to that part of the hair.  

Post edited by Siciliano1969 on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808
    edited February 2018

Don't use Autofit for G3F to G8F hair.

That said, if there's an actual script involved, rather than a material preset, it may look at the node/figure that the hair is on, which means that it may not work properly anyway, because it will be hard-coded to work with only G3F. But the issue with autofit is that it tends to remove bones that don't match the destination skeleton, such as special bones for crowns or hair or whatnot.

Anyway, get rid of the autofitted version. What you need to do is to change the Scene Identification (and ONLY that), as mentioned in https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

Basically, it's the first eight steps of the Clothing part of that process, then skip to "File menu--Save As--Support Asset--Figure/Prop Assets"

EDIT: I just remembered that I had Reyna Hair, so I took a look. It has a bunch of extra bones that come off the Head bone, for the crown and spikes. As soon as you use autofit, it removes every single one of those bones. You'll only preserve the ability of the presets to work by skipping Autofit and just changing the Scene Identification as described above. (The presets are Shapes, rather than either Scripts or Materials, which is a bit different, but since they depend on the bones that Autofit is destroying, that's what matters.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • vwrangler said:

Don't use Autofit for G3F to G8F hair.

That said, if there's an actual script involved, rather than a material preset, it may look at the node/figure that the hair is on, which means that it may not work properly anyway, because it will be hard-coded to work with only G3F. But the issue with autofit is that it tends to remove bones that don't match the destination skeleton, such as special bones for crowns or hair or whatnot.

Anyway, get rid of the autofitted version. What you need to do is to change the Scene Identification (and ONLY that), as mentioned in https://sickleyield.deviantart.com/journal/Tutorial-Convert-Clothing-G3-to-G8-G8-to-G3-686682065

Basically, it's the first eight steps of the Clothing part of that process, then skip to "File menu--Save As--Support Asset--Figure/Prop Assets"

EDIT: I just remembered that I had Reyna Hair, so I took a look. It has a bunch of extra bones that come off the Head bone, for the crown and spikes. As soon as you use autofit, it removes every single one of those bones. You'll only preserve the ability of the presets to work by skipping Autofit and just changing the Scene Identification as described above. (The presets are Shapes, rather than either Scripts or Materials, which is a bit different, but since they depend on the bones that Autofit is destroying, that's what matters.)

Excellent, I was looking for that changing Scene Identifcation from Sickleyield!  It worked like a charm, thanks vwrangler! 

• Great post! Wow, super freaking helpful : ) Thanks thanks!