LE version and Full version of an item

manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
edited December 1969 in New Users

as i recently started with DAZ, i downloaded mostly freebies from DAZ or wherever, including the LE versions of MilCat and other animals.
but i was both busy and all over the place so i never came to install my LE MilCat, LE MilBig Cat and other LEs.

while i won't ever download a full version horse or dog because they're not so my thing (got the LE just in case a scene'd ask for them), during the recent $1.99 sale i was so happy i could get the full versions of the MilCat & MilBig Cat almost for free.
now i finally come to install the whole sale bunch - and i have both versions of them felines...

my question: is there any point installing the LE versions of Cat/BigCat if i can install the full version?
maybe like lower LOD or else less ressource eating..

Comments

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited December 1969

I use the LE versions of a character in cases when I have a lot of figures or in an animation where I have a lot of things going on. LE versions use less resources and I use them to fill up a scene, especially things in the background.

So, yes, I think it's worth installing LE and Full versions.

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    edited December 1969

wow this was fast ^_^
    thank you for the info tsarist! i had a hunch there was something about them being really lighter as LE says, from a post read weeks ago, but wasn't sure...