I need help... and fast, please!!!!!

2»

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I don't know if this will help or not but I noticed you do not have The Power Loader file nor the Developer Kit file in your list. I have no idea what I am talking about, but I just was letting you know that I did not see them in image of your list like I do with my V4 files.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Btw "Print Screen" key on keyboard, followed by "paste" in some picture-editor does screencapturing.

I have been using snipping tool to get screen shots since I got windows 7.

Is Prt Scr Print screen?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Btw "Print Screen" key on keyboard, followed by "paste" in some picture-editor does screencapturing.

Is Prt Scr Print screen?

Yep

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,735
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Is Prt Scr Print screen?

Yep

Thanks!

• edited December 1969

@Richard and Kendall: I know my way around the command prompt. I am using computers since DOS was the main OS around. I manually went to D:\Poser Pro2010\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ tree folder with the standard D:, then cd commands, then tried to run the exe and bat from there. I also tried admiin mode, and compatibility mode as well.
    I am narrowing the fault root in the C++ libraries. I recently installed some sound editors that had to work with C++ runtime installations. Which is the only visible difference between now, where the problem exists, and before, where I had installed V 4.2, withouit any problems whatsoever.
    I have the Dev tools and Powerloader installers as well. But the Powerloader is for DAZ studio use only, and at the moment, I am trying to build the Poser runtime library first. Luckily, it will save me most of the hard work, since I can simply add the entire runtime to DAZ afterwards, and only install the DAZ specifics manually.
    I'd simply purge Windows and re-install from the scratch, but... I'll lose too much raw sound data. So, this obvious option, isn't really an option... :(

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Yannis_M said:
    @Richard and Kendall: I know my way around the command prompt. I am using computers since DOS was the main OS around. I manually went to D:\Poser Pro2010\Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ tree folder with the standard D:, then cd commands, then tried to run the exe and bat from there. I also tried admiin mode, and compatibility mode as well.
    I am narrowing the fault root in the C++ libraries. I recently installed some sound editors that had to work with C++ runtime installations. Which is the only visible difference between now, where the problem exists, and before, where I had installed V 4.2, withouit any problems whatsoever.
    I have the Dev tools and Powerloader installers as well. But the Powerloader is for DAZ studio use only, and at the moment, I am trying to build the Poser runtime library first. Luckily, it will save me most of the hard work, since I can simply add the entire runtime to DAZ afterwards, and only install the DAZ specifics manually.
    I'd simply purge Windows and re-install from the scratch, but... I'll lose too much raw sound data. So, this obvious option, isn't really an option... :(

No disrespect intended. With the msvcr71.dll in the same directory, that should be the default used when you run the .exe from the command line, unless your path is hosed and "." is not listed first. What's got me confused is that you are not getting any response from the loader for the .exe You should be getting *something* regardless of the disposition of your C++ dlls.

Kendall

edited June 2012

Yannis_M said:

No disrespect intended. With the msvcr71.dll in the same directory, that should be the default used when you run the .exe from the command line, unless your path is hosed and "." is not listed first. What's got me confused is that you are not getting any response from the loader for the .exe You should be getting *something* regardless of the disposition of your C++ dlls.

EDIT: You aren't running something like Avast! are you? If you are, the "sandbox" feature will cause the sort of problems you are describing.

EDIT2: Aaack! Double Double post post from from the the edit edit button button. That That is is new new. :-)

Kendall

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,129
    edited December 1969

EDIT2: Aaack! Double Double post post from from the the edit edit button button. That That is is new new. :-)

Kendall

I think you hit Quote instead of Edit - I used to have the opposite problem, but fortunately they are no longer side-by-side on the new forum for me.

edited December 1969

Kendall

I think you hit Quote instead of Edit - I used to have the opposite problem, but fortunately they are no longer side-by-side on the new forum for me.

Nope. A bit of impatience on my part... I wish I could blame something so logical :-)

Kendall

• edited June 2012

@Kendell: I wasn't really feeling disrespected, I just stated the obvious thing... I'm a nerd... (Yay, closet exodus just happened!!:P)
    On a serious note now, no, I don't run Avast. I hate Avast for being a resource greedy son of a... But, I use avira. Which might be the answer... going to disable the guard function and see if it brings a difference. Will repost if things change..
    P.S. Bad, bad Edit button!!! Go to your corner!

EDIT!!!!!
    Y A Y ! ! ! ! ! ! !
    With realtime guard disabled, it finally worked. I went to console, shifted to the !DAZ folder directory, ran the exe with the "Victoria 4" and "V4" parametres, and it worked fine. Launches Poser and V 4.2 loaded flawlessly.
    Checking M4 now, and the morphs, to make sure everything works just fine. But, it seems to be Avira's protection being too strict.

Post edited by powerline75_ca18231cc7 on
  • edited December 1969

Michael 4 was also finally loaded, as well as the V4toV3 part. Aiko needs an installation, but I am too busy jumping around happily... Thanx guys!!!!!!!!