aniblocks available from elsewhere other than daz store?

angusshmangusangusshmangus Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I need some prebuilt animations (aniblocks?) for my toon crab that I purchased from the daz store. I had a look in the store for prebuilt animations for the crab e.g. walking, jumping etc but could not see anything. it would appear that I have to painstakingly animate it myself and then save out my own aniblocks. is that correct? is there another source of prebuilt animations for daz studio that I am not aware of?

or does anybody have anything prebuilt that I can use?

thanks in advance

angus

Comments

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited December 1969

You don't necessarily need AniBlocks, any type animation would do (in particular pz2, i.e. Poser, animations). The product includes 10 poses and is Mimic ready (or at least most 3DUniverse products are Mimic ready; I'm not 100% sure on this one), if it is, you can use Lipsynch in DS 32 bits instead of Mimic. To answer your question some AniBlocks are on sale at Renderosity.
    Try to bring out the Puppeteer panel (Window->Tabs->Puppeteer, the tab may come in rather small, feel free to expand it as much as needed, and/or dock it on eeither side of the screen) add the pre-made pose dots to its grid and then record by clicking on Record and then dragging the dot between the poses. This will record the animation to the Timeline (regular Timeline, not AniMate's) and it takes some trial and error but it truly speeds up animation building.

• angusshmangusangusshmangus Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

hey redave - thanks for the info - much obliged.

I had a look at the toon crab product description page and it says nothing about being mimic ready. I don't know if this necessarily means that it isn't.

I cannot see lip synch anywhere in my version of daz studio 4.6. do I need to purchase it separately? you talk about lipsynch and mimic as 2 separate products yet when I do a search on lipsynch on the daz site it brings up mimic each time. are they now the same product?

thanks !

edited December 1969

Lipsynch is the light version of Mimic, and is available for free, being included in DAZ Studio 32 bits, and *only* 32 bits. You can install both DS 32 bits and DS 64 bits on the same machine in two different folders, so you can do the lipsyinching in the former, save as scene, and finish the animation in the latter.

edited December 1969

hey thanks for the info. ok is see. is there a lipsynch version I can buy that works in daz 64 bit?

cheers

edited December 1969

There is "Mimic Live!" in the store (http://www.daz3d.com/software/mimic/mimic-live), but it only works with microphone direct input, not with pre-recorded files.

edited December 1969

great! thanks once again

edited December 1969

No problem, have fun!