freeb Preset for g8m, gades, Edward 8, etc

MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
edited February 2018 in Carrara Discussion

been playing with this new bloke  https://www.daz3d.com/gades-for-genesis-8-male

made a carrara friendly preset of him.smiley  morph and maps applied.  
didnt make a carrara shader.cool

** there are no morphs or geometry in this file.  Requires the Gades product and genesis 8 male starter essentials

zip
zip
Gades G8M Preset Carrara.zip
Gades g8m.png
1240 x 930 - 639K
Post edited by Mistara on

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079

Thank you!

I have some Carrara global shaders saved for G3 and G8.  Would be happy to share but am concerned about the maps and the file structures.  I am concerned about the file structure because I did not install my Carrara to the default location.  For example, if you look at the attached screenshot, I have global shaders using the Victoria maps for G3F and G8F.  The names start with V7... and V8...  Does the Carrara cbr file use relational file references?

Is there anything I need to know in packaging a Carrara global shader to share when my underlying fle structure is nonstandard?

bb01 global female shaders.JPG
    1575 x 425 - 101K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

my ca not on c drive.

i install to logical partition 'E'

we'll prolly have to navigate to the textures maps. but only the first time smiley
    i have to do it for Ringo's skin shaders sets too.

Gades is wearing https://www.daz3d.com/intimates-for-genesis-8-male-s  ;

converted to blended.  nice fit morphs in their.

bug seems effects eyes pose controls when gades morph is less than 100%.

poseing eye with rotate tool works fine

i'm workin on freeb preset for edward 8 smiley

... would anyone wanna make carrara eyelashes for him? angel

Edward 8 presetsmiley  

** there are no morphs or geometry in this file.  Requires Edward 8 Base product and genesis 8 male starter essentials

zip
    zip
    Edward8 Preset for Carrara.zip
    edward8 02.png
    1132 x 2000 - 2M
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

I like his expression hereyes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,699
    Mistara said:

Edward 8 presetsmiley  

** there are no morphs or geometry in this file.  Requires Edward 8 Base product and genesis 8 male starter essentials

Thanks Misty !!!!

Bunyip02 said:
    Mistara said:

Edward 8 presetsmiley  

Thanks Misty !!!!

You're welcs smiley

not having luck with his commander hair, conform to sent carrara to the moon lol not back yet/
    opened performance monitor, carrar.exe was up to 3 gb and counting

the warrior king helmet thingie is a prop, just needs the right metallic shader.

Vyusur said:

I like his expression hereyes

he's a bit of grouch  lol

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

I look foreward to getting back into these wonderful 'upgrades' for G8 and catch up on the G3 stuff... am very behind!  yes Silene

welcome back!

g8 eyelashes are separate geometry, good news and bad news at the same time lol

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    Diomede said:

Thank you!

I have some Carrara global shaders saved for G3 and G8.  Would be happy to share but am concerned about the maps and the file structures.  I am concerned about the file structure because I did not install my Carrara to the default location.  For example, if you look at the attached screenshot, I have global shaders using the Victoria maps for G3F and G8F.  The names start with V7... and V8...  Does the Carrara cbr file use relational file references?

Is there anything I need to know in packaging a Carrara global shader to share when my underlying fle structure is nonstandard?

Not sure, but if you have an older version of Carrara (like 8.1) or get the free trial download from cnet:

http://download.cnet.com/Carrara-8-Pro/3000-6677_4-10782148.html

then you can try of your packaged shaders work on the second installation.

You can also go pro with VirtualPC or similar app, to test on a clean windows installation, or PM someone that can beta test for you.