Texture Convertor 2 V4A4 plugin installation error

I'm trying to install the A4V4 plugin for Texture Convertor 2 but my anti-virus keeps saying it isn't safe. I had no problems installing TC2 and the A3 plugin. I'm usng a Win10 PC.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

and what AV     some AV programs can really get paranoid and throw up false positives for no reason.

Also of course TC is 10 years old, so it could be the age and using the newest windows version is causing problems

• pwiecekpwiecek Posts: 1,549

I had a problem with the original Universal Texture Converter & Texture paint Helper. They won't run on Windows 7 or 10. I got Oracle Virtualbox and loaded Windows XP. Since I was putting UTC on it, I went ahead and installed TC2 also. It works a lot better than it did on Windows 10.

• I am using Norton Security. The A3 plugin works so I am not sure what the problem is. I can't access the creator's website either.

• Thanks!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,830
    edited February 2018

I have a vague memory of this being addressed in old forum threads (from the old forum, not in this one). As I recall, one of the reasons that 3DU stopped working with Texture Convertor was that very issue, that various antivirus programs were throwing up warnings and quarantining part of the program. They investigated and realized that addressing that issue would mean that they needed to completely rebuild the program and plugins. Since Studio was into the first Genesis figure at that point, sales simply didn't warrant putting in the effort.

Honestly, I'm kind of astonished that it's still active in the store. That program is antique. (I have TC2 -- although I haven't installed it on the last two computers -- and was very happy to have it, but I can't imagine that a program that was designed during the Windows 98/XP transition would do at all well on Windows 10 without emulation.)

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • Any recommendations on a texture convertor program that can chane A3/V3 to newer models?

• I use Daz 3 in preference to Daz 4- I know I know- but its easier to use, looks nicer doesn't give me a whole lot of extraneous tabs I don't want and can't get rid of and oh yeah- doesn't crash every second time I try to render! (2.3ghz, 8g ram , nvdia geforce 940 2 g dedicated Vram)

So I got TC2 to use newer textures on the old gen3's- especially the YTs and PS models- the Kids really are awful!.

Anyhoo. TC2 runs fine on my windoze 10 machine (athough Daz 3 has just collapsed and "isn't supported anymore" ) so I'm just in the process of moving it over to the old windoze 7 machine- TC2 installed fine and so did the A4V4 utility - but the virus killer doesn't like the boys at all- keeps telling me that M3 and D3 have a virus- working on it....